A message to the visiting Stoke fans...

I thought the better team over 120 minutes won. Your tactics were based around clogging up the midfield with as many men as possible and hoping to catch us on the break. It was bizarre, Stoke were the only team trying to play football, by which I mean actually going out to win the game, especially in the second half. To be fair it worked in the first half hour, but after that there was only one team in it. By then we'd just mentally and physically ground you down and certain players gave up far too easily. We weren't at our best that first half, but we more than matched you. Bennett was pretty soft I thought, gave you almost everything and was handing out cards to Stoke players like confetti, but I can see why you'd have complaints about the red. I doubt you'd get anywhere with the appeal though - throwing his arm back was completely unnecessary and he had only one intention. Don't forget he gave you the free kick that led to your goal despite Huth very clearly winning the ball. Even so, it makes up for the deliberate elbow on Lawrence that Zabaleta got away with earlier.

Don't forget you still owe us for the Rory Delap sending off for kicking a football, the 50-50 Faye sending off, the Patrick Vieira assault, the Patrick Vieira elbow, the disallowed goal from the long throw, the injuries to Etherington and Lawrence, the Richards dives, the Wright-Phillips cheating, the free kick that led to the goal, Shay Given's time wasting and Shay Given's diving. ;) (Disclaimer: This paragraph written entirely tongue in cheek [tongue in cheek does not refer to an inbred mutation])

By the way, regarding our first goal. Is that enough to put an end to all this pub team nonsense now? Having spent much of the game watching your team play ineffective tippy-tappy on the halfway line, we got the ball at the back and passed it forward with purpose, before scoring a real beauty. I think any team would be proud of that goal, real quality.

Good luck for the rest of the season, much rather you got 4th than Liverpool. If you don't, though, I fear for you if Mancini gets to build a team in his own image.

this stoke taking control nonense annoys me cos they don't really take control they just hoof the ball into the box as much as possilbe( apart from the kitson goal which was pretty decent) and hope that they'll get lucky and it falls to one of their players... once they reduced the game this crappy style of football we just have to head the ball clear and found it difficult to impose our own style of play ala the 1st 20min... saying that we still had greater possession in the 2nd half and until ade harshly got sent off thought we would go one and win it. and fair play to mancini for as those who say hes negative he responded by putting on another striker and going to a back three... clearly showing desire to win the game and not just try and shut it out to the lottery that is penaltys... unfortunately for us that striker was crocky....By extra time it was always going to be difficult and in the end it was an error by given that has cost us... Mancinis tactics were actually working at the start tonight are failure to miss golden opportunities lead to greater confidence from stoke and in the end let them feel they could play there game....
I am not as worried as some people are about the chelsea and tottenham games as they are more open teams and will not play the hoofing game ala stoke. in the 1st 20min when stoke didn't play there game we looked comfortable and in control... im not expecting to be in control against chelsea but our style of play is more suited and they are on a poor run...... anyhow chelsea isn't the important game so if we lose ill be annoyed if they are moaners and mancini outers on here in force... the big game is tottenham win that and we are back in pole posistion, loose it...well don't really want to think about that yet

bluem0ng said:
GStar said:
We haven't been able to handle Stoke under Mancini, as much as i don't like thier tactics and as much as i hate their chav wannabe manager, i've no real grievencies... We've played them 3 times in quick succession, they have no plan B, we're "meant to win on paper" and yet we've been unable to effectively handle them.

Nonsense, Mancini got his team selection and tactics spot on last night. We dominated the game until the ridiculous red card.

Stoke couldn't even get near the ball for the first 30 mins, how many fouls did their talentless niggly cloggers give away? The only thing they can do is foul because they're shit.

There fans were a joke as usual, couldn't hear a peep out of them for the entire first half and they were outsung all game. Can't wait for the day they get relegated, they are a small-time nothing club with inbred racist fans.

The difference: -

You get a red card – you fall to pieces
We get a red card – we lift our game and work harder for it

That’s the difference I’m afraid.

All the Arab Dollars in the world won’t buy you passion from your players or commitment (or spirit, never-say-die attitude etc).

That’s something The Rags have over you.

A desire to win.

WD

Look, lets just knock this on the head now. Let Stoke enjoy their Quarter Final defeat at Chelsea and yearly battle to stay a Premiership side and we'll enjoy challenging for European places and, hopefully, trophies for years to come.

The commentator last night summed it up pretty well really, just after the Kitson goal (and before the Bellamy equaliser) he said something along the lines of "It's been an excellent season for Stoke, they're almost safe in the Premiership and 10 minutes away from the FA Cup Quarter Final". If that constitutes and "excellent season" for them then so be it, I'm aiming far higher for my club.

who's position would you rather be in, city's or joke's?

the atmosphere at the shitania is nothing special if we didnt have the stupid set up of the "singing-section" seperate from the south stand we would have a much better atmosphere at eastlands.

whydelilah said:
bluem0ng said:
Nonsense, Mancini got his team selection and tactics spot on last night. We dominated the game until the ridiculous red card.

Stoke couldn't even get near the ball for the first 30 mins, how many fouls did their talentless niggly cloggers give away? The only thing they can do is foul because they're shit.

There fans were a joke as usual, couldn't hear a peep out of them for the entire first half and they were outsung all game. Can't wait for the day they get relegated, they are a small-time nothing club with inbred racist fans.

All the Arab Dollars in the world won’t buy you passion from your players or commitment (or spirit, never-say-die attitude etc).

A desire to win.

WD

It's nothing to do with a desire to win, only a Stoke fan could hold such a simplistic and clueless view of football. You will get absolutely destroyed by Chelsea and it will be very amusing.

Now fuck off and count your fingers you boring inbreeds

bluem0ng said:
whydelilah said:

A desire to win.

WD

It's nothing to do with a desire to win, only a Stoke fan could hold such a simplistic and clueless view of football. You will get absolutely destroyed by Chelsea and it will be very amusing.

Why will it be very amusing? Because we've knocked out a couple of big teams who lack any desire to win, physical strength or mental strength and now we're going to play a team who can actually look after themselves?

Let me get this right then, you lot don’t want anyone in the Premier League who doesn’t make it easy for you?

That right?

It’s frightening how quickly a few bucks can change some of your attitudes.

You’re quickly becoming like The Rags Fans. Only with a shit team instead of a very good one.

WD

MysticalDescent said:
bluem0ng said:

Why will it be very amusing? Because we've knocked out a couple of big teams who lack any desire to win, physical strength or mental strength and now we're going to play a team who can actually look after themselves?
Possibly because it will make all this posturing and posting on a Manchester City board, as well as the unbounded joy at last nights result, completely meaningless and irrelevant.

whydelilah said:
bluem0ng said:

A desire to win.

WD

Hate to say it, but you are spot on. It doesn't change the fact however that your particular brand of 'football' is particularly unattractive and your current 'success' is about the limit of what you'll ever achieve, whilst our Arab dollars will continue to be spunked all over us and slowly, but surely, the tide will turn. You in the meantime, will have to satisfy yourself and the rest of the Potteries inbreds with pub style football and the odd win against the big boys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.