A new fan..

Bigga said:
Hmm.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks like this; in my opinion, you can't CHOOSE to a City fan, but you are chosen. I don't EVER remember choosing to be a Blue... I just was. I can't even explain how it happened and I'm serious. I think I liked a song, one day!

Anyway, even now, there are teams you could support more than City, but there identifiable reasons which link us to the club.

I mean, why the fook would I, as a kid, want to be embarrassed year upon year at the lowly status we endured. I could have just gave it up and watched rugby or *gag* the Scum... Nah, my spirit was stronger than that. Synonymously close to being broken, bloodied and bowed, like my Blues in my Life, I have only ever fallen to one knee and raised up determined to die on my feet.

I believe the club chooses us for reasons we can relate to.

this is the honest truth,

i grew up when the rags were the best of the best and we were shit during the 90's. i really think if i'd of chosen them over us, my dad would have chucked me on the street aged 6/7/8/9 it wouldn't have mattered. i'd now be homeless.

strongbowholic said:
Strong feelings there. However, you never quit, you never give up. That's what we did. We stayed in our thousands. We recognised things were inconceivably bad but stood firm in the belief that one day things would get better. We never dreamed it would be like this for us, but we believed we would be back someday in one form or another.

All about an individual's right to choose and if he wants to come to us, who are we to stop him. But for me, once you are married to a club, you can never divorce.

Are you Howard Kendall!?

pudge said:
You can never justify abandoning your team, Vinjay you make it sound like Blackburn and their fans have a vendetta against you?

You can when you have complete breakdown in trust and respect with other fans to the point you can't stand the thought of being around them.

Vinjay said:
pudge said:
You can never justify abandoning your team, Vinjay you make it sound like Blackburn and their fans have a vendetta against you?

You can when you have complete breakdown in trust and respect with other fans to the point you can't stand the thought of being around them.
Why? Because they wouldn't join in with your mini-protest? If your willing to let your opinion of other fans stop you from supporting THE TEAM, then what's that say about you? Not very trustworthy or respectful in itself imo

Given that I vividly recall us having around 17-18k hardcore fans while the rest (about 10-15k) where a bit come and go I´d say that Cityfans abandon their team to return when things are on the up as all other fans

danburge82 said:
Watching the THOUSANDS desert our team at 2-0 down at Wembley in 1999 with no thought about supporting the boys to the end showed me exactly what sort of fans we had. "City fans were loyal when they were in Division 2" was said, and is said very very often. But when the going actually got tough and it looked as though we would have another season in the third division the real arrogant sods with huge superiority complexes really showed their true colours right there and then.

So nothing surprises me about football fans. Fickle isn't the word, well it is but to an unbelievable level when it comes to football fans.
Reading your posts for the last few months i wish you`d desert the club. you never miss an opportunity to slag city fans off . you should go & see a doctor.

S04 said:
Given that I vividly recall us having around 17-18k hardcore fans while the rest (about 10-15k) where a bit come and go I´d say that Cityfans abandon their team to return when things are on the up as all other fans

I agree we only had 18k - 22K in the mid - late 80's at Maine Road.

I bet Lakey, Redmond and White remember playing to a half empty Maine Road most of their City careers.

kippax_blueboy said:
S04 said:

I bet Lakey, Redmond and White remember playing to a half empty Maine Road most of their City careers.
those were good crowds in those days, not many teams were getting great crowds, nothing to be ashamed of really.

ballinio said:
kippax_blueboy said:
S04 said:

those were good crowds in those days, not many teams were getting great crowds, nothing to be ashamed of really.

Plenty of fair weather City fans then prior to the Premier League and all seater Maine Road.
It was easier to pick and choose games.

I believe in never changing teams, no matter what. If City ceased to exist I'd still watch football, but support no one. City, for me, are bigger than football as a sport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.