A NEW POLL - Hughes, IN OR OUT?

quote]

and what about bellamy?

and anyway, if all these players are such great signings, and i happen to agree they are, why is the team still shit? why are we employing two holding midfielders at home to fulham (a team that incidentally increased the number of away goals they've scored this season by fifty percent, in one match!)[/quote]
bellers aswell yeah

and its a totally new starting 11 more or less, who need to gel as a team, understand how one another plays more, some have only been here 3 months, the majority of the starting 11 have only been here this season

UWG

Player power rules does it? We won't perform = manager gets sack.

New manager comes in, we perform until we are fed up with him. then we stop performing and get him changed.

Who loses here?

Us the fans as always as another generation of underperformers are allowed to milk our club.

Leave the management to get rid of the lazy b's.

ConnorMCFC said:
Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
badge said:
squirtyflower said:
You are all soooooooooo right, get a new manager in.

It's a proven strategy, and they must be falling over themselves to take the job, especially with the way they are backed to the hilt, through thick and thin.

squirtyflower, please explain what evidence there is to suggest that mark hughes will come good?

Yeah - what is Hughes doing right? Which players has he improved during the season? Which players has he bought that have been value for money? Which haven't? etc etc
ireland - Hughes stopped him being sold to sunderland and has improved greatly
given - great signing
zab - great signing
SWP - great signing
Kompany - great signing
Ned - improved from previous seasons

berti :-)

Ireland - has improved having done his own pre-season training and sorting himself out
Given - agreed mind you he is an already established top quality player
Zab - a good signing who in my opinion would be better if Hughes hadn't kept moving him around positions
SWP - agreed
Kompany - agreed
Ned - a slight improvement but that might be down to the fact that he seems to be fit enough now for a string of games.

You didn't mention Hughes' other signings:-

Jo - got few games and looked out of sorts, loaned to Everton where he seems a different player and is scoring goals
Robinho - big name signing, played well in early season but has done very little in the last few months...doesn't look motivated
Ben Haim - looked ordinary at best and then loaned out to Sunderland
Bridge - has done little to show that he is a top quality proven Premiership player
Bellamy - good in the dressing room and has scored a few goals but looks like his injury problems continue
De Jong - bought for £18m yet had an escape clause of £2m in the summer, has done very little so far

And what about the other players who were already here when Hughes came in...have they improved or gone backwards:-

Hart
Dunne
Garrido
Richards
Fernandes
Caicedo
Vassell
Sturridge
Elano
Evans
Benjani
Etuhu

I'll leave Petrov and Bojinov off as they've struggled with injuries.

squirtyflower said:
UWG

New manager comes in, we perform until we are fed up with him. then we stop performing and get him changed.

Who loses here?

Us the fans as always as another generation of underperformers are allowed to milk our club.

I'm not saying player power rules but clearly the majority of them don't look very motivated at the moment and certainly aren't putting in the performances that they are capable or are required of them. Who's responsibility is it to see that they are motivated, perform to the best of their abilities and are prepared for games etc?

URG - jo was a sven signing really and i dont think robbie was a hughes signing as it was the owners wanting to make a statement of intent when they took over

as for the players you say have gone backwards, i think you find most will be sold in the summer so hughes (if hes still here) can have a squad which he has purely put together on his own, not the shit he was left with i.e. fernandes, vassell

squirtyflower said:
UWG

Who loses here?

No. Man management is probably the most important part of a manager's job! The fact that a significant number of our squad dislike the manager and don't want to perform for him, says at least as much about him as it does about them!

UWG

Theirs! They get paid enough.

They are fleecing the fans, they have their flash cars but don't put in the performances.

I understand what you are getting at but some of them have been getting away with it for too long

ConnorMCFC said:
URG - jo was a sven signing really and i dont think robbie was a hughes signing as it was the owners wanting to make a statement of intent when they took over

as for the players you say have gone backwards, i think you find most will be sold in the summer so hughes (if hes still here) can have a squad which he has purely put together on his own, not the shit he was left with i.e. fernandes, vassell

Good points well made.

If Hughes is that good, he should be able to get the best out of his players be it Jo, Robinho, Elano, Dunne etc...I just don't think he is.

There will be players going at the end of the season but some of them are good enough and just need good management...I put these fellas in that list:-

Hart - needs to go out on loan
Dunne
Richards
Sturridge
Elano

squirtyflower said:
UWG

Theirs! They get paid enough.

They are fleecing the fans, they have their flash cars but don't put in the performances.

I understand what you are getting at but some of them have been getting away with it for too long

But most of those players have performed well week in week out under a different manager. So why aren't they doing it now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.