A NEW POLL - Hughes, IN OR OUT?

URG

That is the point I have been trying to make.

Hughes may not be good enough, but he has to be given time to ship out the dross, work with the ones he wants and see if he succeeds. If he doesn't then he goes.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
ConnorMCFC said:
URG - jo was a sven signing really and i dont think robbie was a hughes signing as it was the owners wanting to make a statement of intent when they took over

as for the players you say have gone backwards, i think you find most will be sold in the summer so hughes (if hes still here) can have a squad which he has purely put together on his own, not the shit he was left with i.e. fernandes, vassell

Good points well made.

If Hughes is that good, he should be able to get the best out of his players be it Jo, Robinho, Elano, Dunne etc...I just don't think he is.

There will be players going at the end of the season but some of them are good enough and just need good management...I put these fellas in that list:-

Hart - needs to go out on loan
Dunne
Richards
Sturridge
Elano
agreed with those players, i know everone has different opinions on the matter, personally i think he should be judged this time next season, i also think those players like dunne and elano and sturridge will probibly be used as squad players (if there willing to be) next season, but that obviously depends on the standered of players we buy in the summer

They haven't performed consistently well for anyone. There is a pattern of underachievement characterised by us only doing well half the time.

Just look at the two previous years, both times starting off ok and finishing badly.

squirtyflower said:
URG

That is the point I have been trying to make.

Hughes may not be good enough, but he has to be given time to ship out the dross, work with the ones he wants and see if he succeeds. If he doesn't then he goes.

If you think that Hughes may not be good enough why let him continue next season? Alot of the players who are underperforming were part of a team that finished ninth last season. Since then Hughes has brought in his methods, his players, his established backroom staff and had a full pre-season with them and the league position doesn't lie.

squirtyflower said:
They haven't performed consistently well for anyone. There is a pattern of underachievement characterised by us only doing well half the time.

Just look at the two previous years, both times starting off ok and finishing badly.

Wrong. They came out of the blocks flying under Sven and petered out during the second half of the season. They were average during the first part of the season under Hughes and then he said his training/ preparation would see a big improvement during the second part of the season...that improvement Hughes said would happen hasn't.

squirtyflower said:
It's tough if they don't like him, they get paid to play.

With respect, you're missing the point! Players aren't robots, they need to be sent on to the pitch focussed, motivated, feeling respected, and clear about their roles in the team. If one player isn't performing to his maximum, then maybe he is carrying an injury, has problems away from the pitch, is suffering with a temporary lack of confidence, and maybe, just maybe, you could be right and the guy just doesn't give a toss. But for a whole team to be seemingly disinterested, that's definitely a management issue in my eyes.

hgblue said:
squirtyflower said:

With respect, you're missing the point! Players aren't robots, they need to be sent on to the pitch focussed, motivated, feeling respected, and clear about their roles in the team. If one player isn't performing to his maximum, then maybe he is carrying an injury, has problems away from the pitch, is suffering with a temporary lack of confidence, and maybe, just maybe, you could be right and the guy just doesn't give a toss. But for a whole team to be seemingly disinterested, that's definitely a management issue in my eyes.

Well put. I could understand one or two players being disinterested but at the moment it looks like the majority of the players (Ireland clearly is but he's self motivated and after a new contract) aren't up for it.

hgblue said:
squirtyflower said:

Spot on, the contrast between Scolari's Chelsea and Hiddink's Chelsea are prime example of this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.