A new zoo in Trafford?

Plans are being discussed to have a zoo in the Trafford area (lots of gags about animals in the swamp expected)
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-46780645

....and as always, former Trafford resident Steven Patrick Morrissey is on the ball.

"Trafford Council's idea to open a zoo in Manchester is probably the worst idea in the history of the human brain. Just as the world makes terrific advancements in animal rights, Trafford Council leaps back 100 years with plans to trap, strap, clamp, cramp and restrain animals from living anything close to a natural life. I'm decrepit enough to remember Belle Vue Zoo… the lucky animals died in transit from their natural habitat. Personally, I think I'd rather be shot in the head by Prince Harry.
Anyone who thinks a zoo is a good idea should spend one full year in a cage. I'd anticipate a swift change of mind! It's no different to proposing plans for a concentration camp in Wilmslow. Welcome to the sorry past."

Morrissey 10 January 2019....

Im trying to sing that to a tune and its just not working mate :-)

Well it has a swamp so why not a zoo.

If the zoo was more a conversation area one that helped preserve endangered species with a look to enlarge the popolulation and it was in an area vast enough that those animals were living in suitable enviroments, then fine, but I cannot see how trafford can do that, so maybe not.

On Mozza when he decides to move back to the area the fat **** can comment.. gobshite.
The only places in the Borough they could do something of that size that I can think of would be around the Flixton /Carrington area or beyond Partington going towards that toll bridge or between Partington and Altrincham

I don't like the idea of zoo's to be honest but i can see the arguement about protecting endangered species. I prefer the idea of very large safari parks is anything. At least that way the animals could get more room. Something like Jurrasic Park would be ideal and they showed in the film just how well this could be run.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.