A night with Les Chapman.

u2fme2

I and some friends went to a function last night in honor
of city's Kit man Les Chapman hosted by Ian cheeseman.
and one question he was ask was,
What are your views on Mancini and the success we had under him.

And i was staggered to her him say, He hated then man couldn't stand
him, His words not mine, and that in all the time he was there they
never spoke a single word to each other.
and if he had stayed the likes of, silva. Aguero. and Toure
would have left.

For me dear old Les came across as a very bitter and twisted man,
For me i will always very grateful for the success Mancini brought to city.

u2fme2 said:

would have left.

Why does he have to like someone who he works with ?? Full marks to Les for not being a hypocrite and telling it how it was,irrespective of his opinion.He gave an honest answer as far as he was concerned !!
By the way I was a Mancini inner !!

That's the difference between knowing mancini personally like les did and knowing mancini like most fans do from behind the camera.

No one can dispute Mancini's record for us fans but for whatever reason he rubs people up the wrong way.

Mancini's place is cemented in club history as is Les Chapman.

We have all moved on, roll on Sunday !!

So if Mancini weighs the same as a duck….

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onkbubwAqRQ[/youtube]

Were Les's actual words that he 'hated Manicin' or that he disliked him? If it was hated then I am sorry my admiration/respect for Les has lessened. To really hate someone they must have done something really, really bad (IMHO) and just because Mr Mancini, or anyone else for that matter, didn't stop to chat to you when he had a job to do and a role to play, is a little bit naive. If Les said he 'disliked Mancini' then that is different, there are lots of people I disliked that I worked with, we had a professional relationship and got on with our jobs. However I didn't hate them and can only think of one person in my life that I really hated and they are dead and gone now.

Just an observation and my personal opinion. I admire/respect Les for all he has done for the club and all he has done for the wider community. I admire Mancini for all he did for the club and will always admire him for the statement he made at a PoB meeting when he said he 'would personally drive the bus over the Mancunian way to pull down the 35 years banner' when we won a trophy. Yes he probably said it to endear himself to the fans but he said it and we won trophies.

TGR said:
And yet another opportunity to 'trash Mancini' appears.
FFS guys just let it go.

Read the OP again. He was actually questioning Chappy's character for not liking Mancini. Heck, the OP even called Chappy "very bitter and twisted". What more did he need to do to persuade you that this thread wasn't about trashing Mancini?

u2fme2 said:

would have left.

Can anyone corroborate this? Seems unlikely to me that someone like Chappy who's been at City as long as he has, would ever be as open about his negative feelings about any manager. Also it's not really something which I think is necessary for him to say so long after Mancini's gone.

Having said all that, another example of why Mancini was so universally disliked by the people who had to deal with him on a day to day basis.

Falastur said:
TGR said:
And yet another opportunity to 'trash Mancini' appears.
FFS guys just let it go.

Read the OP again. He was actually questioning Chappy's character for not liking Mancini. Heck, the OP even called Chappy "very bitter and twisted". What more did he need to do to persuade you that this thread wasn't about trashing Mancini?

And you need to read my post again. I didn't mention the OP as unlike you I can read.
I said 'opportunity'.

However the kit man not getting on with Mancini is hardly something we didn't know is it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.