a popular misconception about tickets and loyalty points

fathellensbellend

i am often seeing on bluemoon people claiming that people are buying tickets and then selling them on just for the points, well it sounds very good in theory but it has one big flaw.

when people were earning these loyalty points, city were by and large average to stuart pearce, ie shit, and most away games did not sell out and mostly made open sale.

can someone explain why those at the top of the tree would trawl all over the country spending a fortune to watch mediocrity, then with the first hint of success these very same fans choose to sell on their tickets.

Because some may not go anymore?

I don't for a second think there's loads of Blues out there doing this at every opportunity.

Again - People need to stop pointing the finger at fellow Blues and have a look at FA/UEFA Delegate/Sponsor Ticket Allocation and how they tend to distribute their tickets.

You may find yourself sat next to a Russian at Ajax Away who's Uncles Wifes Brother (who works for GazProm) has a Cousin who fancied going.

fathellensbellend said:
i am often seeing on bluemoon people claiming that people are buying tickets and then selling them on just for the points, well it sounds very good in theory but it has one big flaw.

when people were earning these loyalty points, city were by and large average to stuart pearce, ie shit, and most away games did not sell out and mostly made open sale.

can someone explain why those at the top of the tree would trawl all over the country spending a fortune to watch mediocrity, then with the first hint of success these very same fans choose to sell on their tickets.

Good point in parts but may be those who travelled then are now married, kids, Mortgage etc however still want to choose games?

Exactly the point I was trying to make on another thread. I know I'm guaranteed a ticket for every away game we play. My loyalty points have been built up by years of blood (Leeds & Millwall spring to mind), sweat & tears (frequently when we were shit). I did question my sanity at times, never stopped me going though. Now it appears to be our time in the sun, I wouldn't sell a ticket for pretty much anything.

Chillidog77 said:
Exactly the point I was trying to make on another thread. I know I'm guaranteed a ticket for every away game we play. My loyalty points have been built up by years of blood (Leeds & Millwall spring to mind), sweat & tears (frequently when we were shit). I did question my sanity at times, never stopped me going though. Now it appears to be our time in the sun, I wouldn't sell a ticket for pretty much anything.

exactly right.

I never used to worry about getting away tickets, don't do every single away game but do as many as I can. For example Boxing Day last season 1st time l couldn't get a ticket?! Maybe our allocations have been reduced? All I know is my away games have been consistent but now sometimes I can struggle! Been to Fulham 4 times but couldn't get a ticket this time!

One thing that annoys me slightly (even though I've done it myself in the past) is that people renew old family and friend memberships year after year just to get the odd extra ticket for a big game.

This doesn't seem fair when people who've been going to matches regularly for 5 years and more have not got enough points to have any chance.

I think they should change the criteria so that as well as points, you have to have attended a set number of matches in the last year.

fathellensbellend said:
Chillidog77 said:

exactly right.

Cant be exactly right as we aint played leeds or Millwall since loyalty points came in.

mancitymick said:
fathellensbellend said:
Chillidog77 said:

exactly right.

Cant be exactly right as we aint played leeds or Millwall since loyalty points came in.

wrong actually, leeds played the first season at the etihad, and millwall away was the year away fans were banned and they awarded loyalty points for the screening at maine road, i never got any, i went to the new den.

fathellensbellend said:
mancitymick said:
fathellensbellend said:
exactly right.

wrong actually, leeds played the first season at the etihad, and millwall away was the year away fans were banned and they awarded loyalty points for the screening at maine road, i never got any, i went to the new den.

OK Leeds (Cant remember will take your word) Millwall though we never got loyalty points at Maine Rd!!! Points first came in when we moved and those who had a season tickets were awarded some depending on how long you had a ticket for

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.