a popular misconception about tickets and loyalty points

mancitytmdanttom said:
de niro said:
mancitymick said:
Can some one put this to bed who had a season ticket then?
1. Were there loyalty points at Maine Road or was it 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,full season ticket holder?
or
2. Were points given for the first year at COMS (As it was then) then those who had a season ticket when we moved were awarded more on top of new season ticket holders? The max being 1500???

i'm sure you started at coms with 1500, i didn't have a season ticket in the last year at maine road so i missed out on it.
we had to all start from scatch from the day we moved to eastlands.

Don't think everyone started from scratch - I know some fans who have 9,000 or more points - but then again they never miss a game home or away UK and abroad

I fall into the "getting old, financial constraints, kids etc." category. I've been a season ticket holder for many, many years so would have got the maximum amount of points at inception. I also did every away game for many years, as I'm sure quite a few did, before the loyalty points business came in. However, the away games have had to take a back seat over the last 10 years or so. I do around 6 or 7 a season at best I reckon. I've just looked and have 9640 points without really trying if you know what I mean. So when people come on here moaning when they were unable to get a ticket with 6 or 7k points, I'm a little surprised. This is in no way meant to be a dig at people with less points than me, I just thought that if I've got this amount of points based on what away games I've been to since the system was introduced, there would be many more people with more points than me.

Absolutely. It's a myth that many top loyalty pointers are selling their tickets on. Yes, there may be a small minority who do it but the vast majority are going to games just as they always have.

I'm fairly sure of my memory on this, and I think loyalty points started when we moved to COMS. They were awarded on the basis of how long you'd had a st, I.e. 1, 2,3,4,5 or "long term" or summat like that. So I think in the main people have built up their points by aways since 2003, rather than through the legendary trips to York etc.

Prior to the new stadium sales were more ad hoc weren't they? Like sometimes you needed to bring at least two stubs from a recent away day, and stuff like that, or failing that just queue from stupid o clock. It's only with electronic ticketing, databases and stuff like that that clubs (not just city) have got more methodical about who gets to buy.

Personally I was a 'long term' st holder when we moved, but after school I gave up my season ticket as I left Manchester. It wasn't hard to get tickets then for home games (we almost never sold out), or even that hard for aways, so I didn't think much of it. I'm not complaining about the points system, far far from it - I think its the only fair way to do it. But I would say that it isn't necessarily the case that those with lots of points have put in the days and others haven't, because it depends a lot on where you were, whether you had kids, how much money you had, etc.

I'd also say from personal experience I know a guy who can get any ticket who will buy them pretty much every game and then sell them (often to me) if he or his dad/uncle can't go. He keeps the points that way, and not surprising that he does so. Obviously though, in the main people buy tickets to watch matches.

Loyalty points are fantastic.

3 cup schemes joined=600pts,on platinum 20pts per extra cup game at home.40pts for every away.

Why shouldn't a platinum member get more than a gold when they have paid for the privelage? If that means you gain more points giving you more chance of away tickets then so be it. That's life.

fathellensbellend said:
i am often seeing on bluemoon people claiming that people are buying tickets and then selling them on just for the points, well it sounds very good in theory but it has one big flaw.

when people were earning these loyalty points, city were by and large average to stuart pearce, ie shit, and most away games did not sell out and mostly made open sale.

can someone explain why those at the top of the tree would trawl all over the country spending a fortune to watch mediocrity, then with the first hint of success these very same fans choose to sell on their tickets.
Always happens if people cant make a game they buy the ticket and sell it on blue moon just go to tickets part on here there everywhere doing it. The real madrid ticket thread is the best its the first time ive seen nearly every fan that qualifies has suddenly got a ticket but cant make it

Just added up my loyalty points for this season and it shows how quickly they can go up

Programme subscription 50pts
Season Ticket 380pts
All cup schemes 600pts
Oldham Friendly 60pts
Chelsea 40pts
Liverpool 40pts
Madrid 40pts *
Villa CO Cup 20pts
Dortmund EC 20pts
Fulham 40pts *
Ajax Away 40pts *
Ajax Home 20pts

* denotes not available to every season ticket holder

So that is a total of 1,350 points since the end of last season. Any season ticket holder would of been able to get 1230 regardless of their points total.

As demonstrated, people on lower points can significantly boost their totals. Yes the gap widened on my example by 120 points but you would be overtaking many others by going to all available.

When we moved to the COMS I came with the 1,500 points City gave me. On April 16th 2010 It had built up to 4,205. Having since then retired from working, I have been able to attend every Home and Away game I could purchase from the Club plus a few from other sources. As of Oct 10th 2012 my points total has moved up to 10,005. That's 5,800 points gained in just 30 months. Points can be built up by anyone with a bit of effort and dedication. Wife and Kids permission needed. )-;

How much money do you think you spent in those 30 months including travel? I suspect it was a sum that would be out of the reach of many fans.

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
How much money do you think you spent in those 30 months including travel? I suspect it was a sum that would be out of the reach of many fans.

But that is not his problem is it - the financial constraints of other fans - What he is saying is bang on. With a little bit of dedication you can build your points quickly.

My point is:

Always been to the away Boxing Day fixture, last season I couldn't?
Been to Fulham 4 times in my time, this season nope.
No Away derby anymore.

Feel like Iv never had an issues if I wanted an away ticket, now I'm always unsure? Iv not changed my game attendance habits. I remember in jan last season I went every game home & away as people couldn't afford right after Xmas.

So over that space of a season either fans who had the points are either going, selling on or our allocations are smaller? Either way I appear to struggle sometimes!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.