a question for the "outers"

Put this on another thread but it goes in here as well

For all the Hughes outers if we assume that Hughes goes, and Hidiink & Mourinho have been tapped up (mentioned a lot), and for a variety of reasons have both said no, then who do you want?

People on here have stated that either of these Managers would come / are available / could be persuaded etc. but unless they have asked them personally how the hell do they know that ?

Comment made on another thread was "we will not struggle for top notch applicants and that is a fact" I am not so sure tbh. A top notch manager wants to manage in the Champions League, top notch players want to play there.

Overall if you look at Hughes' signings then by no means have they all won the title or regularly played champions league football, despite the fact that they are quality players - Given, Barry, Kompany, Zabaletta - this is the level of player we can get & are asking to get us into the top 4 (Robinho apart for different reasons). A top manager would want to sign top players and the best players at the moment will probably not come to us.

At this point in time we are not a Champions League club, and because of that the level of manager we can get at present could well be set at the level of Hughes ? Its the chicken and the egg

You can make reasoned arguments for both keeping and sacking Hughes, by the end of the 1st week in January I think one way or another his fate will have been decided.

MCfcBOB said:
KenTheLandlord said:
Martin O'Neill. Can anyone explain to me, what he has done in English football. Apart from £117,000,000 moving Aston Villa from 16th with 42 points and 1 point behind City to 6th, 1 point ahead of City, but having played a game more. Oh and having thrown away a spot in Europe, which led to their most influential player leaving?

We've spent £120 and become a much worse team on the pitch.

Disagree completely. We've won more games away this season than last already, we've lost less games than this point last season (i think). Sure not everything is rosy but your statement, imo, is inaccurate.

Hodgson wouldn't be my ideal selection but he's a better option that Hughes based on our current performances.

Fulham look very organised most times I've seen them play under him, he's had experience at a big club (managed Inter for a few seasons and took them to UEFA cup final), AND he has experience of winning things as a manager.

NQT you can be my assistant and do what mark bowen does on a saturday
by just standing there with your hands on your hips except i would make
you put on a flat cap and leather gloves so the colin bell stand will fall in
love with you because you will be like one of them.

AMEN

RACHACE said:
supercity36 said:
lets just say, hypothetically, that end of the season, we have finished 8th and failed miserably in both domestic cups and hughes does get the boot, what if jose or hiddink dont come? would the "outers" be happy with a more realistic manager such as roy hodgson? because from where im looking neither hiddink or mourinho are unemployed and if they were on the market bigger clubs would want them. anyone?

No I would'nt be happy with Hodgson but I would probably tolerate it, however if we were to finish 8th and no top manager was interested then I would prefer us to keep Hughes as there is no point in taking a sideways step in the management role (which Hodgson would be imo)

If we could not attract Hiddink or Mourinho I would look at a decent short term option like Twitcher, Martin Jol or bringing Sven back

Oh FFS

Who to replace Hughes...

Hiddink or Josse

but if not, then of those in the Prem only:
Roy Hodgson.
- He organised Fulhum's 2nd string magnificently aginst us in the LC game and his tactical changes against us in the Legue game were quite excellent too.
Martin O'Neil.
- Class. Doubt he'd come though.

Tallented Managers Abroad:
Mircea Lucescu (Shakhtar Donetsk)
Jorge Jesus (Benfica)

If not then as an outsider:
Gordon Strachan (Boro) - We'd certainly play some good stuff and the media scrum would be entertaining.

mcmanus said:
RACHACE said:
No I would'nt be happy with Hodgson but I would probably tolerate it, however if we were to finish 8th and no top manager was interested then I would prefer us to keep Hughes as there is no point in taking a sideways step in the management role (which Hodgson would be imo)

If we could not attract Hiddink or Mourinho I would look at a decent short term option like Twitcher, Martin Jol or bringing Sven back

Oh FFS

any options that maybe you would like to add?

Argonaut said:
Who to replace Hughes...
If not then as an outsider:
Gordon Strachan (Boro) - We'd certainly play some good stuff and the media scrum would be entertaining.

Oh dear....Joking right ?

RACHACE said:
mcmanus said:

any options that maybe you would like to add?

Don't want Hughes sacked first off.

If that cockney twitching prick ever has anything to do with City I would seriously consider giving up.

Sven has not been a top club manager for nearly a decade and the one season he did at club level he bought numerous shite players that played mainly dull football.

Martin Jol is just meh. Didn't rip up trees at Spuds and failed in 3 years to sort out their lack of a left winger/midfielder.

Anyhow if Hughes is to go, I am pretty sure our owners are looking higher than any of those three.

If Hughes was to leave or be sacked in my mind there is only one man who can step into his shoes and take the team by the reins, dont know if he or anyone could rescue our season now but next season would be a good laugh... especially post match interviews. Come On down......Mr Neil Warnock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.