A question on Georgi Kinkladze

Yes, he certainly had the ability and if Pep could have got his work-rate right he could easily have contributed as much as Doku and Grealish (the players that would be rivals for his position).

I remember growing up in the early days of the PL (and the old days of the 1st division) and City had an amazing talent in Georgi Kinkladze who was able to dribble through defences and was an exciting watch. I'm always interested to wonder how legendary players of the past stack up vs today's generation.

My question for you City fans is - do you think peak Kinkladze gets into your current starting XI?
Tough one. But yes if he was brought into the team Foden style. Nurtured, given a hard work ethic, he could have been as good as Messi imo. He was humble enough, definitely had the talent. I would have loved him in this period.

I remember growing up in the early days of the PL (and the old days of the 1st division) and City had an amazing talent in Georgi Kinkladze who was able to dribble through defences and was an exciting watch. I'm always interested to wonder how legendary players of the past stack up vs today's generation.

My question for you City fans is - do you think peak Kinkladze gets into your current starting XI?
Never in a million years.

Should be mentioned in the same breath as Messi, Maradona in terms of talent but he was an utter waster.

Two consecutive relegations, never showed up in 99% of away games but scored a wonder goal against Southampton that seems to have given him some mythical status.

Unfortunately not imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.