A question on Georgi Kinkladze

I remember growing up in the early days of the PL (and the old days of the 1st division) and City had an amazing talent in Georgi Kinkladze who was able to dribble through defences and was an exciting watch. I'm always interested to wonder how legendary players of the past stack up vs today's generation.

My question for you City fans is - do you think peak Kinkladze gets into your current starting XI?
If people take off the blue tinters, he wouldn't even make the subs bench of a modern Pep team, he was a shining light in a sea of shite and I thank him for the pleasure he gave while we got relegated twice.

If people take off the blue tinters, he wouldn't even make the subs bench of a modern Pep team, he was a shining light in a sea of shite and I thank him for the pleasure he gave while we got relegated twice.
Exactly. I think there is a romanticism about Kinky that will never go away, understandably so.

If you were to pick up Kinky from that era and drop him into this club now you may as well bring Kit Symons with him so he doesn’t look a total joke. That’s the differences between then and now.

my fav player back in the day, a rare beacon of hope, the odd sparkle of magic, a player we will always look back with fondness but in all honesty, probably wouldnt even make any of our starting 11's since 2010.

In that team under Alan Ball even Messi couldn't have done much.
As for "didn't do much at Derby or Ajax",
Messi didn't do much at PSG or Miami, doesn't reflect on his ability or quality.
Doku reminds me of him a bit although Dokus ball retention under pressure isn't as good, yet at least and Kinkladze wasn't as quick as Doku.
It's an unanswerable argument.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.