A question to the Hughes Outers

Immaculate Pasta said:
we don't look as clueless and vulnerable against sides away from home like we used to do.

Yet our away record in the league under Mancini consists of beating Wolves then being battered by Everton and Hull and scraping a draw against 10-men Stoke. I'll wait until we have played at Chelsea, Sunderland and Fulham to give the chance of a wider sample of results but at the moment I don't think we are any more solid than we were in the first half of the season. In fact I feel less confident that we can come from behind to take points. In the first half of this season I felt for the first time in years that if we went a goal down we could still get something out of a game. We looked like we had the strength to do so. Obviously tonight we did get an equaliser but they were denied a goal by the ref at the end and we can count ourselves very fortunate. Let's wait and see.

100%manc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Because we haven't played one fucking team in the top half under Mancini and we lost to the best of them badly.

Under Hughes we beat Arsenal & Chelsea at home, got a point at Liverpool, Brum & Villa and scored 3 at the swamp to give the rags a real fright.

Beat the rags at home, ok was in the cup but still a good result
Great result and a fine shift put in by the team but a complete fluke! Dodgy penalty and a barrage of attack from Ushited for the last 30 mins. How they didn't score I'll never know! With a full strength team (which we certainly didn't have) I would have expected a better performance, but I'm not so sure under the current tactics.

Prestwich blue you're clutching at straws pal. The reason why I'm not going over Hughes performance as manager is because it's been done over and over again. He was shit and was rightly sacked, end of conversation.

The new conversation is whether or not Mancini is good enough and at the moment he's making too many mistakes to be confident in him but given he's been in the job 5 minutes and has inherited another mans team I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

masterwig said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
we don't look as clueless and vulnerable against sides away from home like we used to do.

Yet our away record in the league under Mancini consists of beating Wolves then being battered by Everton and Hull and scraping a draw against 10-men Stoke. I'll wait until we have played at Chelsea, Sunderland and Fulham to give the chance of a wider sample of results but at the moment I don't think we are any more solid than we were in the first half of the season. In fact I feel less confident that we can come from behind to take points. In the first half of this season I felt for the first time in years that if we went a goal down we could still get something out of a game. We looked like we had the strength to do so. Obviously tonight we did get an equaliser but they were denied a goal by the ref at the end and we can count ourselves very fortunate. Let's wait and see.

Apart from Hull where they scored 2 good goals, the everton goals were a free kick and penalty. In them games we didn't look vulnerable as we did under Hughes IMO.

masterwig said:
Obviously tonight we did get an equaliser but they were denied a goal by the ref at the end and we can count ourselves very fortunate. Let's wait and see.
so we are not allowed any good fortune and to ever get the benefit of a poor refereeing decision, don't worry about it masterwig , we've had plenty go against us over the years, i'll take a bit of luck because even Chelsea get lucky and have the benefit of referees decisions
to get a point, it has happened more than once this season!

Immaculate Pasta said:
Apart from Hull where they scored 2 good goals, the everton goals were a free kick and penalty. In them games we didn't look vulnerable as we did under Hughes IMO.

Boateng's goal was after a corner that we didn't clear. Everton's goals came from panicky defending that led to fouls. You can't dismiss these goals. I can't remember Hull's other goal but I'd wager it came from us not clearing the ball properly.

Immaculate Pasta said:
masterwig said:

I have to disagree with you here IP as I do often but you're entitled to your opinion. I thought Hughes was struggling and under huge pressure no doubt. However currently I feel we could concede at any moment from anywhere and by anyone. And what's worse, whilst looking so vulnerable, I don't think we look anything like scoring ourselves either. That's a terrible combination by anyone's standards. I guess you see it differently to me.

Un-be-fucking-lievable.

Fourth in lge. Game in hand. Second best form team in lge. And many on here are harking back to the promised land of mid table mediocrity. 8 draws in a row. Can't defend won't defend.

What woulld you rather have? The best chance in generations of seeing us achieve a top lge position or finishing mid table again getting knocked out of the cup by the
mighty forest.

If the clueless wanker had still been here we would have likely finished 8/9/10th. We would still have had robinho taking the piss out of us. Instead we are heading upwards to fourth. The lazy useless "best footballer in the world (TM)" has gone back to a footballing backwater where he deserves to be (the Brazilian league is utter shite).

When we beat pool on sunday we will be 4pts clear of 4th with a game in hand.

Some knobs on here are claiming we've been lucky to win games under Mancini. Maybe. But we were definitely lucky against Bolton,burnley and hull under Hughes.

ANY city fan clamouring for the return of Hughes or whinging that he shouldn't have been sacked is either a second rate carpet salesman or NOT a city
fan. Or worse. A "city fan" that jumped on the bandwagon when the
money came into play.

Unbelievable. Carry on whinging knobheads and cry when our owners decide this game isn't worth the candle and move on.

Be very careful what you wish for.

masterwig said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

Boateng's goal was after a corner that we didn't clear. Everton's goals came from panicky defending that led to fouls. You can't dismiss these goals. I can't remember Hull's other goal but I'd wager it came from us not clearing the ball properly.

We cleared the corner, we just didn't clear it further enough, we won the header from the cross though. The Everton goals were two stupid mistakes by two stupid idiots. Zabaleta diving in as he has done since he came and Richards pulling Saha's shirt, wouldn't call it panicky, just stupidity. The other Hull goal was a well worked one two and a decent finish. As with all goals conceded you can look at how you could of stopped it but sometimes you just have to say well played and the two Hull goals come under that.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
I have to disagree with you here IP as I do often but you're entitled to your opinion. I thought Hughes was struggling and under huge pressure no doubt. However currently I feel we could concede at any moment from anywhere and by anyone. And what's worse, whilst looking so vulnerable, I don't think we look anything like scoring ourselves either. That's a terrible combination by anyone's standards. I guess you see it differently to me.

Yeah we must be seeing it differently. Don't get me wrong, Toure and Richards still scare the fuck out of me, but not as much as they did under Hughes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.