A realistic top 4 of.....

The more I look at it, the more I think Tottenham will finish fourth

We keep hearing about how well Liverpool and Everton are doing and how poorly Tottenham are, yet Spurs are only three points off both Merseyside clubs

I think its safe to say that City, chelsea and arsenal will be top 4.

So there is one more spot and its between Spurs, liverpool, rags and maybe everton to get it. I would take not winning the league right now if it might united didn't finish in the top 4.

BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:

So there is one more spot and its between Spurs, liverpool, rags and maybe everton to get it. I would take not winning the league right now if it might united didn't finish in the top 4.

Top four be same as last year although united of course won,t win the league. see spurs finishing 5th, everton 6th and liverpool 7th.

You would rather see united fail than City win the league!!!

gooner2 said:

Top four be same as last year although united of course won,t win the league. see spurs finishing 5th, everton 6th and liverpool 7th.

Disagree, unless United spend big in January. Right now they're squad is awful, don't see them finishing 4th. I said that at the beginning of the season as well, Ferguson obviously papered over the cracks.

I might tip Everton for a top 4 finish this year. Mostly because of how impressive I think their manager is. The right manager means everything, and Martinez has taken Everton from boring defensive football to excellent attacking football in 14 games, and beat United and Chelsea along the way. They will improve as the season goes on. His Wigan teams were always very good at the end of the season, that's how they managed to keep avoiding relegation.

GHoddle said:
gooner2 said:

Disagree, unless United spend big in January. Right now they're squad is awful, don't see them finishing 4th. I said that at the beginning of the season as well, Ferguson obviously papered over the cracks.

I might tip Everton for a top 4 finish this year. Mostly because of how impressive I think their manager is. The right manager means everything, and Martinez has taken Everton from boring defensive football to excellent attacking football in 14 games, and beat United and Chelsea along the way. They will improve as the season goes on. His Wigan teams were always very good at the end of the season, that's how they managed to keep avoiding relegation.
apart from last year.

aguero93:20 said:
GHoddle said:
gooner2 said:

apart from last year.

In the games after March 1st, they were 11th last season. So the same improvement did occur last season but wasn't enough.

But get this - in the 2011-12 season, Wigan were 4th in the table after March 1st. They took 23 points from 12 games with a +7 goal difference.

The season before they were 8th after March 1 (above Spurs with 1 less game played - 15 points from the final 10 games).

So basically the same thing happened every year - Wigan sold most of their good players the summer before and bought new players for much cheaper. But Martinez usually managed to get them performing about 2/3 of the way through the season and they usually finished very strong which allowed them to avoid relegation a number of times. I would expect the same thing to happen with Everton as their players get more used to Martinez' style of football. I'm fairly certain that they'll finish the season strong.

I would hope you're out fishing. If you're not, you're one sad fucker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.