A realistic top 4 of.....

Castiel said:
Southampton and Newcastle won't sustain it. Southampton is already slipping. Everton might be able to. Spurs fell apart pretty early but they've got time to pull it together. It's pretty impossible to tell at this stage but the title contenders are certainly City, Chelsea and Arsenal. I thought the wheels would come off the Arsenal train but to their credit they've managed to sustain it so far. Things could be looking completely different a few weeks from now though. At least it won't be a boring season.

Can honestly say, I have never found a football season boring.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Castiel said:
Southampton and Newcastle won't sustain it. Southampton is already slipping. Everton might be able to. Spurs fell apart pretty early but they've got time to pull it together. It's pretty impossible to tell at this stage but the title contenders are certainly City, Chelsea and Arsenal. I thought the wheels would come off the Arsenal train but to their credit they've managed to sustain it so far. Things could be looking completely different a few weeks from now though. At least it won't be a boring season.

I meant predictable!

I think Liverpool will trail off quite significantly from now until the end of the season. It is feasible that one of Everton, Newcastle and Soton could get into the top four if all the top clubs take points off each other and they manage to get draws off Arsenal, city, united and Chelsea. This season it's going to go down the wire, especially as it's so close at the bottom this year, they will be trying far harder to get points off the top teams.

City
Arsenal
Chelsea
Everton
Rags
Spurs
Liverpool

I think us, Arse and the Chavs are locks for 3 spots at the moment. The fourth will be a down to the wire shit fight between the Rags, Spurs and Dippers.

I think the Chavs will still narrowly clinch the title, but it would not surprise me at all if us or Arse won.

IMO it will be:

Chavs
City
Arse
Spurs
Rags
Dippers
Everton
Soton
Newcastle

Followed by the rest.

It's shaping up as a killer season though, I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Castiel said:

This one's certainly more exciting than last season though.

NoahCity said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
Rags will to on a run now, Liverpool and Southampton to drop off soon.

TOP 4 will end in no particular order

City, Chelsea, United Arsenal
what makes you think they will go on a run now? Can see Everton getting at least a draw tomorrow.

Newcastle, Villa, West ham, Hull, Norwich

more lazy than useless said:
Us, Chelsea, Everton and Newcastle at the end of the season? With Arsenal, Utd, Spurs and Liverpool missing out? (I could throw Southampton in there, but it'd complicate things).

Here's the top of the table as it stands:

Position Team Played Goal Difference Points
1 Arsenal 13 17 31
2 Chelsea 13 13 27
3 Man City 13 25 25
4 Liverpool 13 9 24
5 Everton 13 8 24
6 Newcastle 13 1 23
7 Southampton 13 6 22
8 Man Utd 13 5 22
9 Tottenham 13 -3 21

OK, I'm deliberately being a bit controversial, but surely its quite possible? I'd have trouble making good arguments for Arsenal missing out, but some pundits are still saying no chance for them for the title, so if Everton and Newcastle keep up the pressure and Arsenal have a wobble.......
Liverpool look to have had a purple patch but have now been found out to some extent. Most realistic posters on here (although not all) have them outside the top 4 anyway.
Spurs - The early season form seems to have dried up and could become patchy. Or, put another way, they're not getting many penalties now!
United - Tricky one, but they already look to be fighting for 4th place.

Some of the factors aren't known; for example, Newcastle haven't got great depth to the squad so luck (good or bad) will have a big part to play in their season.

Although I think Arsenal look safer for a top 4 finish than the past few seasons they still have some questions to answer and December could make a big difference. As for 4th place, I'm beginning to think its wide open.
Confused-GIF-1-.gif

GHoddle said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Castiel said:

This one's certainly more exciting than last season though.
I don't see how going down to the wire for fourth place with Arsenal was boring for you lot....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.