A return to safe standing

MaineStandMoaner

Is it feasible do we think? Was it brought up at the latest meeting with the club?

I`m a huge believer in it.....increased capacity and increased atmosphere all in one go.

Lower tier behind either goal would do for me.

Whats your thoughts BM?

We stand up in our singing sections anyway, we just need to sing more & get the boring guys out & bring in people who want to create an atmosphere.

It needs to be brought in, in the standing sections, only a matter of time until I break a shin on the bit of plastic taking up room in front of me.

No need to think about increasing the capacity just yet (people are considering it) Make South Stand safe standing move away fans to third tier east stand in corner and the atmosphere and capacity (although we have sold out for EPL home games) would increase significantly. Needs to be done; although doesn't legislation have to be changed? don't know whether if someone could shed some light whether City would allowed to be do it? or do you need power off the local authorities?

It's not up to the club but the government and unless there is a groundswell of opinion in political circles it wont happen.
Everytime this has happened, it gets beat back down by the Hillsborough Families Group (understandably) and the politicians involved back off.........
No one wants to be the politician that says ''lets bring it back'' and something happens.
It works week in week out in Germany - there is no reason why it shouldnt be brought back - except for emotional reasons and you cant run a country on emotions.

However - a light could appear in the form of Glasgow Celtic. In Scotland it is not the law that stadiums must be all seater but the SPL introduced a voluntary code to bring that rule in to prevent being brought to task by the government. Of course, now the Scots have self rule so can kiss that ''threat'' goodbye.
Good luck to Celtic - if brought in the English clubs will want to follow suit as crowds can increase as will income......
<a class="postlink" href="http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/271667-celtic-studying-feasibility-of-standing-area-at-celtic-park/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-p ... ltic-park/</a>

Even if the law was changed in England I don't see them allowing a greater capacity in those areas. And as long as UEFA retain their all-seater rule for the CL there's no real incentive for clubs to spend money installing the German-type of interchangeable seat/terrace.

lancs blue said:
Even if the law was changed in England I don't see them allowing a greater capacity in those areas. And as long as UEFA retain their all-seater rule for the CL there's no real incentive for clubs to spend money installing the German-type of interchangeable seat/terrace.

Of course there is an incentive.
For every 10 seats, you get 18 standing - so an area of 4000 seats becomes 7200 - an extra 3200 people per game!
The cost of replacing seats with barriers would take next to no time to pay itself off and it would certainly be cheaper than adding extra tiers behind each goal!

For UEFA games, you simply unlock the seats and revert to the initial 4000 capacity in that area as done in Germany (not that the German's sit down! UEFA only require you have a seat, not that you have to sit in it!!)

The club will never allow safe standing unless every club does it. However, have they made any requests for the singing section or the South Stand to sit recently, didnt think so?

The Villareal game will be great for this. If we can get both tiers in the south stand standing all game safely creating a great atmosphere then it will show the club we can sensibley stand.

We dont need anything to be officially be announced, we can do it ourselves. Around 3k either side of the away fans as well as the back of the first and second tier do it already.

lancs blue said:

The capacity deffo will be allowed to increase, for changing a section from seats to standing the ratio is 10:18. Whereas in Germany it's 1:2.

The law is being reviewed next month I think and city have asked for a visit from the Safe Standing Roadshow.

Safe standing is a no brainer. It's just a matter of time before someone gets a brain and safe standing will be legal.

Sign the FSF's and the e-petition for safe standing by googling it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.