A return to safe standing

ManCitizens. said:
The lub will never allow safe stading unless every club does it.

There are a number of clubs who privately - (and even publicly, though then back tracked when under pressure from the Football Licensing Authority) - have declared an interest...... everyone is waiting for someone else to make the first move..... they wont because of fear from a backlash from the Hillsborough Families Group - what hacks me off here, is the HFG say NOTHING about Liverpool fans standing on the Kop week in week out..........

It already happens, week in week out at every top flight ground in the country.

Be thankful we're allowed to break the rules whilst the clubs and authorities turn a blind eye... i hope common sense continues to prevail and no cockwombles ruin it for the rest of us.

blinkblue said:
I love the way Dortmund do it. Such a brilliant stadium.

I've been there, and Bremen too - was in Dortmund's ground 3 hours before kick off and took pictures in the home end... then took pictures from a nearby stand just before kick off - the phrase neck hairs standing out came to mind..... fantastic and SAFE atmosphere

The one consistant thing about every standing area in Germany is they are not situated next to away fans. They are always at the opposite end of the standing areas, so no nutters go in the home standing areas.

I think it would work really well in English football, obviously the family stand and away stand would have to be still sitting but the South Stand would be even better if it was safe standing creates an even better atmosphere and it has worked to perfection in Germany, most German teams have it and no disasters have happened.
But I can't see the FA allowing it though

The Government would only allow it if one of the companies who make the Safe Standing seats was actually involved with politics, thus making a good few quid for the boys (like the Taylor report achieved)

Safe Standing has never been in this country, so a "Return to safe standing" isn't happening because we've never even gone there.

it is more of a health & safety issue at the moment as fans are standing with no rail in front of them, Safe Standing would eradicate this.

Not only do we need SS for atmosphere we most importantly need it for economic reasons as more people can fit into a SS section than seating section thus presuming the club would charge people less for these areas.

just cos the seats are there dosent mean you have to sit on them, the club should just let people stand in 112, 111, 110, 109, 108, 116, 117, 118, 119 and 120. and if more blocks are required e.g. 107 then the fans should be able to sort it out about making that one standing.

but whatever it will never happen

BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:
just cos the seats are there dosent mean you have to sit on them, the club should just let people stand in 112, 111, 110, 109, 108, 116, 117, 118, 119 and 120. and if more blocks are required e.g. 107 then the fans should be able to sort it out about making that one standing.

but whatever it will never happen

It wont with attitudes like that - if people want it, they have to stand up (pun intended) and be counted and campaign for standing.
You can have it all, but how much do ya wan' it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.