A sense of perspective

Unsure whether to post this here, post match thread, referee's thread, rag thread, or talkshite thread...
Anyway here goes............Losing a Cup Final was disappointing to put it mildly, especially to that lot, (and as Pep has said, he acknowledges he got the team selection wrong, and who are we to disagree with the man, he is a legend), but f**k me, how the hell does that equate to a Ten Hag tactical masterclass?

Nobody bar a rag, could deny that it was a clear penalty for the push on Haaland in the first minute, and as there was no attempt to play the ball, should have been a red too, but the shithouse in charge is never going to make that much of a game changing decision in the first minute, (and did you ever expect bottler OliVAR to have the guts to make the correct decision?)

Goals change matches, and that start should have set the tone for the match, United barely got a kick until we gifted them their first goal. Every team gives away at least one goal like that per SEASON, why we chose a Cup Final at Wembley to do it is anybody's guess! The second penalty we definitely should have had when Mainoo wrestled Haaland to the floor. Think it was Shearer implying "they're holding each other." Why on earth would Haaland be holding Mainoo when he was going forward trying to get the ball, and all Mainoo was doing was holding Erling back?

As for the Nana in goal, straight from the Pickford and Reya school of time wasting, right from the first minute, long before they went ahead. I've honestly never seen a person take so many steps, and actually travel so short a distance, purely to create the impression of movement.

Masterclass, my arse. We didn't play well, (first half terrible, second half the better team, but the damage was done) . If Doku had scored 10 minutes earlier, i honestly think we would have won it.
Ask me any season before a ball is kicked, what is our number one priority, and i'll tell you now, next seasons priority is 5 - in - a - ROW.!!

Just perhaps, rags name was on the Cup, no idea how,having given away a 2 goal lead they scraped past mighty Newport with 2 late goals, an even later win at Forest, LiVARpool, god know's how they weren't dead and buried by half time. Don't get me started on Coventry, VAR was never brought in to decide toenail offsides, the technology isn't good enough or brought in to do that, pre VAR (and i'm not convinced it was even marginally offside) that was a deserved fantastic Coventry win.

Talkshite this morning (why on earth do i listen to it?) Stelling "City's parade must have been a bit of a damp squib". Good god are they paid to talk shite, or does it come naturally? Winning the most important trophy in the country (did i tell you we've won 4 in a row?), is NEVER a damp squib!!

We could have done even better, but City have had a fantastic season

Anyway, as for perspective, WE ARE CHAMPIONS AGAIN..OLE OLE. & 4 - IN - A - ROW.
Yes, so don't bother mate , total shills to the red top click bait

Yes it's bitterly disappointing to get beaten in the cup final by those twats, but we are Champions of England and World club champions
Celebrate it blues
The last four seasons have been brilliant
Could not agree more. Luckily I had a lot on away from football yesterday but this morning I thought that history shows how difficult it is for Champions of various European leagues to go on and win cup finals a week later. Quite often they get beaten by their opposition who have only that to play for.

Of course the media will go OTT given who the opposition was yesterday and no doubt, they as well as rag fans will now be claiming Utd are back and will challenge for the title next year! Let us hope they continue to think that over the next 5 months as when they start to fail again it will be as funny as it always has been!

But 5-in-a-row might be done.

City lost 5 games in all competitions, sadly one was today, but that is a feat rarely bettered.
That's a pretty amazing statistic. 5 games the entire year? Incredible team!

Genuinely found it difficult to feel anything but immensely proud of what this team has achieved this season. You'd have expected a drop off after the Treble. I thought it wasn't going to fall our way for the league and instead it didn't quite fall our way for the FA Cup - that's football. To win a record fourth top flight title in a row, the very first team in English football history, is so incredible that even an FA Cup final loss can't dull it.

In 10, 20, 50 years no-one will remember that we lost the FA Cup, but these last 4 seasons will all still have our badge next to them and it very likely won't have been equalled, let alone bettered.

This is the only perspective that we need: Manchester City is demonstrably the best English football team ever.

In 2017/18 City accumulated 100 points within a single premier league season, something no team has ever achieved before. That season included a series of other records, including most goals scored in a season (106), most wins ina single season (32) And highest goal difference in a single season (79).

in 2018/19 City became the first team ever to complete the domestic treble. Interestingly, in 1994 United were chasing a treble and got to the final, which they lost 3-1 to Aston Villa. That season they had fielded relatively strong teams in the competition, as was traditional at that time. The following season Ferguson started to rotate his side heavily in the early rounds and appeared to be willing to sacrifice the trophy in order to prioritise the other tournament. A recognition, in other words, that the domestic treble was too hard to be achieved, at least by his side.

In 2022/23 City completed a treble consisting of the Champions League, the Premier League and the FA Cup. That had been done before, by United of course, but two points of difference are significant: first, City were actually the reigning champions when the won the ‘champions’ league, secondly City’s performance and opposition within the league - in particular the games against Bayern Munich and reigning champions Real Madrid - were at a significantly higher level.

No other English team has ever completed that treble.

Then this season City won the league for a fourth successive season, something no other team has ever achieved. Very few teams have won it three times in a row - Huddersfield and Arsenal in the 20s and 30s, Liverpool in the 80s and United twice in the premier league era. None of them won it four times in a row.

Three accomplishments which have never been done before, by any team, even those judged the greatest of all time in this country. Another that has only been accomplished once before, by a team that did not - could not - achieve the other three.

So by any objective, demonstrable measure, Manchester City is the best English team EVER. We’ve done things they never did, even at their best.

That‘s my perspective anyway.

Irrespective of the fact, some players eg Foden, Dias don't drink, Sunday was NOT the way elite athletes are meant to prepare for a game of such importance. Do you think the All Black's would be on the piss till 5am 5 days before a major final ?. Would an Olympic athlete prepare in that way ?. The coaches at the Trafford Water Park must have used those photos of pissed up City players to motivate them into that performance. In elite sport you must never disrespect an opponent in that way. Ancellotti stressed how important it was for Real to have 10 days prep before they played us, That was an incredible compliment. I can't prove more professional prep would have avoided yesterday's disaster but it would have reduced the probability. To squander that historic opportunity against them was a disaster and personally I'm still feckin seething. Can't wait to go to work on Tuesday.
Dias doesn’t drink?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.