A sense of perspective

Need to sign a new right back and get rid of Walker
I wont disagree, depends what happens with the rest#of the squad I suppose.

I can see a situation where we lose at least 4 from this list, Berny and Phillips I expect but maybe another couple.

Bernardo
Phillips
Ederson
Grealish
Walker
Gomez
Alvarez
Nunes

Think Alvarez has been the biggest disappointment for me this season. His finishing along with the big man has been pretty shite for their standards. We need more pace throughout the team that is for sure. Big summer ahead. Amazing effort winning the league really how fuked some of our lads are

In fairness to him he contributed a fair amount of goals and assists and sticking him in central midfield ruined his confidence.

The reality is we have been the hardest team to beat this season. We only lost about 4/5 games all season. All our defeats were only by a single goal margin. And in most of those defeats, the opposition needed deflections and own goals to get the win. The mighty Real Madrid could not beat us in normal time and needed the lottery of penalties to win. We have been the most consistent team across the whole season. As a result, we won the Premier League for the 4th time in a row, Euro Super Cup, World Club Cup, last 8 of the Champions League and runners up in the FA Cup. Reasons to be cheerful. Come on City!

There are some on the team that just look tired, such as KDB. It is a lot for these guys to do all the things that they do- FA cup, table, CL, club World Cup. So many matches. We had some players leave last summer, in Gundo and Mahrez. there will be some leave this season. As much as it pains me, I expect to see KDB leave. He looks completely knackered, and he has been out of sorts since he returned from injury. I expect either Ederson or Ortega to go, but am fine if either stay.i would sell Alvarez tomorrow if I was in charge, not because he’s as bad as people claim, but I do think he has reached a peak, and we have other needs. Sale value will be as High as it will get, I think.

Bold predictions:
1. Bernardo will retire at City
2. Kev is gone
3. Eddie is gone
4. Phillips will retire at City. Bleh
5. Grealish is back
6. Walker is back
7. We won’t buy a high quality attacking mid to replace Kev, but will move Stones into that role (I’m joking here, for you folks that can’t understand Internet sarcasm)
8. Phil wins back to back player of the season
9. Alvarez is sold. Possibly to Girona.

The reality is we have been the hardest team to beat this season. We only lost about 4/5 games all season. All our defeats were only by a single goal margin. And in most of those defeats, the opposition needed deflections and own goals to get the win. The mighty Real Madrid could not beat us in normal time and needed the lottery of penalties to win. We have been the most consistent team across the whole season. As a result, we won the Premier League for the 4th time in a row, Euro Super Cup, World Club Cup, last 8 of the Champions League and runners up in the FA Cup. Reasons to be cheerful. Come on City!
Arsenal (deflection)
Villa. (deflection)
Wolves (winner should have been sent off )
ALL WITHOUT RODRI
Yesterday, one of Peps famous rare brainwaves (Chelsea UCL final, Spurs away Ucl - Gundo on the right if Mid)
Fantastic season which I'd have bitten the hand off for, 4 peat never been done opposed to the FA Cup- come on !
Bit of perspective, see how Arsenal fans feel, Chelsea (who outplayed us at Wembley)

Doesnt feel so bad a day after the event but still frustrating.

A couple of thoughts for next season though.

1. will Eddie still be here or could we lose him to Saudi?
2. I expect that we will see KDB take a step back and be used more as an impact sub.
3. Foden will play a lot more centrally.
4. Berny is likely to leave and we need to find an adequate replacement.
5. Pep needs to find a way to get the best from Haaland.
6. Do we need to make a call on Grealish?

Interesting times ahead.
Okay will give it a go:
1) Yes
2) Yes, Dan Diego in 2025, would like to join him in that city, lucky devil!
3) Yes
4) Will leave
5) Pep will
6) Reckon he’s gone in the summer

Think Alvarez has been the biggest disappointment for me this season. His finishing along with the big man has been pretty shite for their standards. We need more pace throughout the team that is for sure. Big summer ahead. Amazing effort winning the league really how fuked some of our lads are
Never given a chance, and when Haaland was injured, for me the most attractive football we could played this season.

Arsenal (deflection)
Villa. (deflection)
Wolves (winner should have been sent off )
ALL WITHOUT RODRI
Yesterday, one of Peps famous rare brainwaves (Chelsea UCL final, Spurs away Ucl - Gundo on the right if Mid)
Fantastic season which I'd have bitten the hand off for, 4 peat never been done opposed to the FA Cup- come on !
Bit of perspective, see how Arsenal fans feel, Chelsea (who outplayed us at Wembley)
Excellent post. I only watch the games I actually go to but as far as I've seen we've been brilliant this season. 91 points in a competitive league, and some of the best players on the planet playing in a blue shirt.

Reactions: Bez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.