A smell and a sound that remind you of Maine Road...

hot dogs, Helen's bell and "mind your bike"
You've got to be a certain age to appreciate this.

I remember standing in the same part of the Kippax with my brother when I was a puppy. There was one guy who used to stand just in front of us who must have been 20 stone plus. He would turn up just before kick off, it was like the parting of the Red Sea as he made his way to his usual vantage point.

I would then be overcome shortly afterwards by the most toxic fart smell that any human or animal could produce. Then strangely, nothing else all game.

Thats the smell. Should I have posted this is characters, or does being fat and farting not count?

the smell and appearance of horse shit in the ginnel behind Platt Lane, Pink Final printing van on corner of North Stand near souvenir shop the smell of hot dogs and onions and Helens bell

He smell of jerk chicken at ron's cafe which I bought religiously every home game. His place has gone now went there a couple of years ago under new management food not in the same league though.

Niall Quinn's Disco Pants said:
The smell of a freshly laid, steaming horse turd in the alley between the Kippax and the Platt Lane, and the sound of the pissed up/strange guy who week after week tried starting "City, City, the best team in the land and all the world".............it caught on eventually!!!
that will probably be my dad or his mate lol

Smell: Pipe tobacco and Juicy Fruit chewing gum and the smell of the brewery before you got to the ground
Sound: "Mind yer car mate?".
Sights:
Midweek matches: under floodlights, the pitch glowing like a snooker baize
Saturday matches: Looking out of the match bus window going through Hulme and reading "Bobby Sands we salute you" painted in big white letters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.