A Stat Comparison of Tevez, Dzeko, and Aguero (Update pg 10)

I think the Tevez-Aguero partnership should have been given a proper run of games towards the start of the season. It seemed as if they had one bad game together and it was immediately changed.

Also, Aguero was always the 'main striker' with Tevez playing off him. Tevez proved against united he was capable of playing that role with less pace, but more competence at holding the ball up. Maybe they should have been used in a more interchangeable way

Very interesting analysis.

The fact that City concede more when Dzeko plays seems odd to me. Although it's possible, I'd be surprised if we conceded more just because He doesn't close down the opposition as much as Aguero or Tevez. But I wonder whether there is any other statistical correlation which might suggest a cause: whether the lineups Dzeko plays in are somehow weaker defensively? It would take hours to trawl through all that data, though...

taconinja said:
badman said:
El Mago Silva said:
Sell Kun? Yes, and Barca should sell Messi because he "can't head the ball". Did you see the winning goal against Chelsea in the FA Cup Semi?

Also, please don't forget that Kun turns 25 this June and has by far the best attitude of any of our strikers. Carlo turns 30 next February while Dzeko is 27.

Messi mostly plays in midfield.

Can Aguero play in midfield and perform there consistently ? No he cant. Should he play as a striker ? No he shouldn't because he can't head the ball which means that the team has play through the middle every time he's on. We can upgrade Aguero there's no shame in that. Cavani would be the perfect replacement.

Difficult to replace Tevez.. there's not many like him. Perhaps Wayne Rooney would be a good buy.
If we get Cavani, Dzeko is toast. Why drink water when you have champagne?

Cavani and Dzeko could rotate. We do play many games throughout the season. 4 competitions. It would be impossible for Cavani to play every game.

cityisOURS said:
I think the Tevez-Aguero partnership should have been given a proper run of games towards the start of the season. It seemed as if they had one bad game together and it was immediately changed.

Also, Aguero was always the 'main striker' with Tevez playing off him. Tevez proved against united he was capable of playing that role with less pace, but more competence at holding the ball up. Maybe they should have been used in a more interchangeable way

The Aguero and Tevez partnership works very well. Problem is that there will be no long balls as both of these players are too short. The team is forced to play through the middle. The opposition knows this and will stop you from playing your game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.