A striker in January

McfcMK said:
Only played I can think of that will be avialable for both premier league and champions league and is good enough would be Wilfried Bony.

Papiss Cisse is just a bad footballer that scores the odd goal, we've already got one of them in Dzeko.

Bony has shown some nice link up play this season so could fit into out style of play while adding a different dimension to out play. Think he could be off to the Acon which would be a negative.

2 problems with Bony

He is off to AFCON.

And Swansea will want 20m+ as they have no reason to sell.

AFCON lasts what.....? 4 weeks?

so why are people making such a huge deal about it? Bony is ideal for us,missing him for that period,every couple of years..... is hardly a deal wrecker imo,his quality is such that he'd more than make up for it while he's with us anyway.

And 20m is fuck all for a class player not yet at his peak.

FantasyIreland said:
AFCON lasts what.....? 4 weeks?

so why are people making such a huge deal about it? Bony is ideal for us,missing him for that period,every couple of years..... is hardly a deal wrecker imo,his quality is such that he'd more than make up for it while he's with us anyway.

And 20m is fuck all for a class player not yet at his peak.

Out of all the strikers mentioned and who I feel we could get then you are spot on.

Bony not being available for 4 weeks and not being available for the champions league ( we have our 17) is a very big deal. If we need a striker we need one most importantly from jan 1 till early February when kun will be back fit for 90,. So why would we sign s player who will only be needed for the league and will miss over a third of those games and those the ones he is needed for?

Ideally we would sign a home grown striker or wait for a worldie

I wouldn't want to buy a player in January for the sake of a few weeks.

We need a striker, but any additions should either be young players who are capable of developing or, World Class players. It's rare such players move in January.

Bony whilst good, is not that good.

Our hand could be forced if Dzeko or Jovetic got injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.