A striker in January

LoveCity said:
Ray78 said:
Soldado and Agbonlahor ffs..

Waiting for the annual "Let's take a punt on Torres, if anyone can bring him back to his best its City" post on Bluemoon (despite him being bad longer than he was good now). Because apparently Milan have had enough of him already and want to terminate his loan deal.

Soldado pre Spurs might of been worth a gamble but thankfully we aren't a dumping yard for past it strikers anymore.

Ray78 said:
LoveCity said:
Ray78 said:
Soldado and Agbonlahor ffs..

Waiting for the annual "Let's take a punt on Torres, if anyone can bring him back to his best its City" post on Bluemoon (despite him being bad longer than he was good now). Because apparently Milan have had enough of him already and want to terminate his loan deal.

Soldado pre Spurs might of been worth a gamble but thankfully we aren't a dumping yard for past it strikers anymore.

Yeah I agree with this. We need hungry strikers like Aguero. Dzeko, for all his important goals since he's been here, isn't really what I would call a hungry striker. His head goes down too easy. Chaise Longue wouldn't in that sense be a bad signing. He's quick, purposeful, hard-working. There are worse.

I'm a bit saddened with Dzeko if I'm honest. He has a great contract yet his approach to the game is quite defeatist (it seems). I'm not diminishing Dzeko's contributions here, I just think if he would look livelier it would help his game.

TangerineSteve17 said:
Ray78 said:
LoveCity said:

Yeah I agree with this. We need hungry strikers like Aguero. Dzeko, for all his important goals since he's been here, isn't really what I would call a hungry striker. His head goes down too easy. Chaise Longue wouldn't in that sense be a bad signing. He's quick, purposeful, hard-working. There are worse.

I'm a bit saddened with Dzeko if I'm honest. He has a great contract yet his approach to the game is quite defeatist (it seems). I'm not diminishing Dzeko's contributions here, I just think if he would look livelier it would help his game.

He is more of a layabout than Dzeko.

Ray78 said:
TangerineSteve17 said:
Ray78 said:

He is more of a layabout than Dzeko.

:) Memorable!

City Watch @City_Watch · 3h 3 hours ago
Pellegrini also said City will decide if they need to replace Negredo in January. The Daily Star links City w/ a Jan move for Papiss Cisse.

Wouldn't bother me. Not cup tied, can score. Assuming the price is reasonable.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/415095/Man-City-SHOCK-20m-Newcastle-Papiss-Cisse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... piss-Cisse</a>

Also mentions Berahino and Benteke.

Blue Haze said:
Pellegrini also said City will decide if they need to replace Negredo in January. The Daily Star links City w/ a Jan move for Papiss Cisse.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/415095/Man-City-SHOCK-20m-Newcastle-Papiss-Cisse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... piss-Cisse</a>

Would only take Benteke out of that 3, and it would have to be a very reasonable price.

Jaxite said:
Blue Haze said:

Would only take Benteke out of that 3, and it would have to be a very reasonable price.

Genuine question. Can any foreign player be registered for the CL? I was under the assumption that one of the reasons that we let Negredo go is because we could only register 17 foreign players. Does not adding Cisse, Benteke or any foreign player not exceed that quota?

Only played I can think of that will be avialable for both premier league and champions league and is good enough would be Wilfried Bony.

Papiss Cisse is just a bad footballer that scores the odd goal, we've already got one of them in Dzeko.

Bony has shown some nice link up play this season so could fit into out style of play while adding a different dimension to out play. Think he could be off to the Acon which would be a negative.

McfcMK said:
Only played I can think of that will be avialable for both premier league and champions league and is good enough would be Wilfried Bony.

Papiss Cisse is just a bad footballer that scores the odd goal, we've already got one of them in Dzeko.

Bony has shown some nice link up play this season so could fit into out style of play while adding a different dimension to out play. Think he could be off to the Acon which would be a negative.

Yup off with Yaya and the Ivory Coast.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.