A striker in January

If Manuel intends to continue with two strikers on the pitch, then I can see no one better suited than Cavani together with Kun.

Re: Bony, Benteke or Papisse Cisse?

None of these are top 4 standard strikers, and they're way off Champs League QF level. If this is the only choice I'd rather we kept the money, let Pozo shine and get one of our proper strikers fit as soon as possible.

We've got relatively easy fixtures coming up and one or more of Dzeko, Kun or Jovetic should be back by Feb. If we're reduced to signing a mid table striker for about £15m just for the sake of a few weeks it's a waste of money. the lads we have right now should be good enough to get maximum points from the next 4 or 5 games and progress in the FA Cup.

Thaksinssoldier said:
I'm telling you all. It's Cavani. FFP meant we couldn't replace Álvaro, hence why we passed on Falcao and Sanchez.

Cavani on loan in this window with an obligation to buy,yaya will go there in summer.
[bigimg]http://oi44.tinypic.com/330rcdd.jpg[/bigimg]

Jack Wills said:
We've got relatively easy fixtures coming up and one or more of Dzeko, Kun or Jovetic should be back by Feb. If we're reduced to signing a mid table striker for about £15m just for the sake of a few weeks it's a waste of money. the lads we have right now should be good enough to get maximum points from the next 4 or 5 games and progress in the FA Cup.
That's ambitious. £15m gets you Danny Welbeck or Borini. These are strikers that actually score goals. Anyway, Bony and Cisse are both African, which means that they'd be fucking off to the ANC as soon as we signed them. Bony cost Swansea £12m, and he's not proven in the Premier League, so I doubt you'd pay less than £20m for him. Benteke signed a new contract recently, so he wouldn't be cheap. And he's looked a bit injury prone lately. If we really need a striker, I think we'd be better off bringing someone experienced in on a short term deal, like Chelsea have done with Eto'o and Drogba. Obviously Benteke might be a decent long term investment anyway. But I don't think we can afford him, assuming FFP bollocks is still in effect.

If we bought any of them they'd be out of the door within 18months and we'd be getting peanuts for them and paying out the contract.

All three are decent enough and can look good for 6 games every few months but not one of them are anywhere near what we need.

It would be like when Real Madrid loaned Adebayor or that winger from West Ham - totally pointless. Could you see any of those 3 in a team in the last 8 of the Champs League? Me neither

sam-caddick said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
I'm telling you all. It's Cavani. FFP meant we couldn't replace Álvaro, hence why we passed on Falcao and Sanchez.

Cavani on loan in this window with an obligation to buy,yaya will go there in summer.

Would Paris really let Cavani go in January?

They are looking to sell Lavezzi in January to raise funds for any potential transfers in that month.

Cavani is having major issues with Ibrahimovic, to the extent where they blatantly avoid passing to each other. Seeing as Ibra is the poster boy of the PSG 'project', there will only be one winner and ultimately see Edinson exiled.

Lavezzi doesn't have enough goals in him to justify the fee they'd command; he's a luxury, we need a goalscorer and Cavani fits the profile. Beyond him, Dybala from Palermo is the other viable option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.