A Theory On Why Vassell Keeps Playing

vbr said:
The Invisible_Man said:
Do me a favour, go back and read my post before you let that shit dribble down your chin. Iv never mentioned the Vass being world class, but he is a proven, Premiership standerd player, for the posistion we are in now.

His scoring record is not the best no, but it isnt terrible considering he has played his entire career in the top division. He dosent shoot unless he has no other option, probably because he is scared of missing, as for running around like a headless chicken thats a very vague thing to say, explain?

he runs around for 90 minutes all game, does absolutely nothing of note and yet he gets selected each week. take the game against west brom, his sole contribution was passing the ball 5 yards sideways to SWP who had a shot. he runs up and down the wing, bumbling into players and trying to hold the ball up when he gets it. his crossing was absolutely SHOCKING and it always has been. his idea of a tackle is to run into people and hope for the best.

you say he doesnt shoot unless he has no other option, his natural position is supposed to be a STRIKER. he should be selfish and have a pop when he can, even if he's low on confidence he's never going to start hitting the back of the net unless he tries things like having a go from outside the area when the chance presents itself instead of going for the easy option and looking for someone to pass to. his scoring record IS terrible, no other word for it.

on the back of the past few seasons, no, he isnt a premiership standard player at all. when besiktas, derby or bolton wanted him we should have got rid.

now stop the shit from dribbling down your chin and analyse not just his "career" but his past few seasons for city.

So when does a player lose it, you dont just go from being a decent player to a shite one, unless you come to City it seems.
When he holds the ball up, who realistically does he have to lay it off to? And the shite about him running up and down the wing with terrible crossing, is because he is not a fucking winger, never has been never will be. Like I keep repeating he will never have the confidence here to be selfish or have a pop, because he seems scared of failing and the fans getting on his back. Wonder where he got that idea from.

What does Vassell do then? What is his position?

If he's a terrible crosser and he's not a winger, why is he played there?

Surely he's not a striker because he doesn't score enough goals to be one. He shits one when he sees the posts.

C_T_I_D said:
What does Vassell do then? What is his position?

If he's a terrible crosser and he's not a winger, why is he played there?

Surely he's not a striker because he doesn't score enough goals to be one. He shits one when he sees the posts.

Confidence is key, which I find myself repeating every post. He is a striker, but one which needs to be paired with an intelligent partner, one who knows which runs to make for Vass to lay it off for him. I guess he is played on the wing for his workrate, he dosent stop running all game which is all we can ask for at the moment. Its not what Id propose but its what the manager thinks best so we are stuck with it.

Let me put this question to you then. When, inevitably he leaves the club, does he need replacing with someone of similar traits (hardworker, will tackle and protect full back etc) but can also score goals. In my books, we've already got him in Shaun, but I don't know - how do you replace him if he's a striker? Do you get what I'm trying to get at? Surely he's being played out of position if that's your view (and I'm going along with it for the purpose of this question)

C_T_I_D said:
Let me put this question to you then. When, inevitably he leaves the club, does he need replacing with someone of similar traits (hardworker, will tackle and protect full back etc) but can also score goals. In my books, we've already got him in Shaun, but I don't know - how do you replace him if he's a striker? Do you get what I'm trying to get at? Surely he's being played out of position if that's your view (and I'm going along with it for the purpose of this question)

He's being played out of posistion yes, but I dont think we have a striker at the club he can be played with right now. Maybe Sturridge at a push.
We have got that in Shaun so when he does leave Im not sure how he should be replaced, does we bring in a striker or a winger? My bet would be replacing him with a winger, one that can cross mind, maybe more of a Bentley than a Sweep. But this would also need a striker brought in, or through the ranks, to cover for him. After all we are susposedly aiming to make our seasons longer (UEFA,Fa,League,League cup etc.).

Vass might not have won us many matches with his peerless finishing and selfless displays but he sure aint lost us any by getting sent off, putting the ball in his own net and watching, yes, bloody watching an opposition striker knock the ball in with the back of his head instead of challenging and jumping up to make a challenge. Oh bollocks if he plays on Friday . . . . . . . . he might just. Oi Hughesie put him on the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.