A treble of City's most infamous defeats you were at

I’ve sort of buried in my memory most of them but the two that stay with me are:
a) Middlesbrough 8 - Manchester City 1
That one was mainly because my all time favourite Richard Dunne was sent off. How dare that referee do that to Dunnie Monster!! ;-)
b) Wigan 1 - Manchester City 0
The infamous FA cup final when Mancini dropped Pantilimon who had played the other games. Joe Hart’s body language showed how he felt about that in my opinion (I’d love to ask him, because I’m sure he felt it was unfair on Pants who had ‘criticised’ Mancini if I recall). The stupid referee Mariner(?) had sent off Zabaleta and it poured down with rain. There were no buses back to where the Eccles coach was parked so I walked most of the way and then the bus went past the stop as the coach was leaving!! Nearly got left behind! :-) (some might say they should have left me) ;-)

Just two but two too many for two of my heroes being sent off. I’m not fond of referees.

3-4 Bellamy game
1-2 Shelia's debut when he scored a last minute "winner"
1-2 Pompey Mendes' revenge last minute

Wolves, Wembley 1974
Luton, home 1983
Wigan Wembley 2013

Dishonourable mention for 2-3 loss to the rags 2018 - the day when we should have won the league. So disappointing.
One of my matches might have been the Wolves 74 game had my Dad not been well at that time so I ended up not going but we had tickets. Remember as a 9 year old crying after that game.

Blackburn away FA Cup quarter final under Pearce
Getting beat by fucking County (Keegan maybe? I was very young)
Wigan FA cup final defeat.

Are 3 that felt properly shite.

Blackburn away FA Cup quarter final under Pearce
Getting beat by fucking County (Keegan maybe? I was very young)
Wigan FA cup final defeat.

Are 3 that felt properly shite.
Wasn't it Frank Clarke in that county game. Mind you it could have any of the many managers we had at that time. It was so hard to keep up with them all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.