A treble of City's most infamous defeats you were at

One of my matches might have been the Wolves 74 game had my Dad not been well at that time so I ended up not going but we had tickets. Remember as a 9 year old crying after that game.

On paper, probably the greatest City forward line ever that day... Mike Summerbee, Colin Bell, Francis Lee, Denis Law, Rodney Marsh.

What could possibly go wrong?

Gary Pierce... That's what.

Wasn't it Frank Clarke in that county game. Mind you it could have any of the many managers we had at that time. It was so hard to keep up with them all.
6613a318e972ce2b5a59be278c237d1c.gif

Apparently, the club had one of these installed in the manager's office at that time. The bearings were completely shot after 18 months.

The worst one in recent years wasn’t even a defeat on the day or even an aggregate defeat. City 4 Spurs 3 and Spurs went through on away goals in April 2019 after a last minute disallowed Sterling goal that wouldn’t have been spotted without VAR. The most pissed off I’ve been since Wigan at Wembley.

The worst one in recent years wasn’t even a defeat on the day or even an aggregate defeat. City 4 Spurs 3 and Spurs went through on away goals in April 2019 after a last minute disallowed Sterling goal that wouldn’t have been spotted without VAR. The most pissed off I’ve been since Wigan at Wembley.

That was the recent one for me too, first experience of VAR and going from absolute elation to just this numbness feeling in two minutes.

It was that it happened after such an intense game too, never felt emotions like in that instance before or since and is why I’ll never be a fan of VAR!

That and the Liverpool game the year before where if VAR had have been in place, I’m still sure we’d have gone through. It screwed us in its absence and then in its presence. Hate it!

Luton, quietly shedding a tear in the car in the way home with my dad stoically telling me it’s happened before and it’ll happen again

Notts County - mental day out for an impressionable teenager in the boiling hot sun with chaos all around me

Wigan final - never seen rain like it at a match. the weather mirrored our mood, proof that God is a blue

The 8-1 at Boro was appalling. I’d been at East End Park a couple of weeks before suffering Dunfermline lose 8-1 to Celtic with my Pars fan wife and wondered if anyone else was in that Venn diagram

The 6-0 loss away at Derby still wakes me up at night

I was at the Luton game but a bit young. So go for the Bury defeat to complete the unholy trinity.

Was at the Wigan final but think losing a final is a first world problem. The 4-1 loss at Wigan under Pearce upset me more

I was at Derby ; Mark Wright hattrick , playing at CB.
Just watched highlights...Wright got 1 not 3.......it could have been 10 we were awful.
Peter Shilton in derby nets had a single shot to save all game.
Brian Gayle at centre back was pathetic, altho not one City player emerged with any credit that day .typical ,lightweight, away day City under Mel Machin.

Wasn't it Frank Clarke in that county game. Mind you it could have any of the many managers we had at that time. It was so hard to keep up with them all.

Was March in the Keegan promotion season, I just checked. Lost 2-1 to two late goals. A very good season all in all but being sat in that shit Edgeley park listening to the mockery of their **** fans really did stick with me for years. I still hate them now. Was gutted when they got back in the football league!

Luton, quietly shedding a tear in the car in the way home with my dad stoically telling me it’s happened before and it’ll happen again

Notts County - mental day out for an impressionable teenager in the boiling hot sun with chaos all around me

Wigan final - never seen rain like it at a match. the weather mirrored our mood, proof that God is a blue
Notts County! lol. I’d forgotten about that one. What a mad day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.