A treble of City's most infamous defeats you were at

For me the worst City defeats was

1. Wigan FA Cup 2018
2. Arsenal 2003
3. Middlesbrough 2008

Couldn't use Wigan twice so the 2018 defeat was worse than the 2013 FA Cup Final defeat.

For me the worst City defeats was

1. Wigan FA Cup 2018
2. Arsenal 2003
3. Middlesbrough 2008

Couldn't use Wigan twice so the 2018 defeat was worse than the 2013 FA Cup Final defeat.
I would have used Wigan three times adding in the 2-1 home defeat in the FA Cup in 2014.

The latter was after a 5-0 win over them in the LC earlier that season.

I would have used Wigan three times adding in the 2-1 home defeat in the FA Cup in 2014.

The latter was after a 5-0 win over them in the LC earlier that season.
Oh I forgot to add losing to Leicester 5-2 back in 2020. The only positive was nobody spent any money watching it (Unless you has Sky that is).

I probably change that from when we lost 5-1 to Arsenal at our last season at Maine Road and our first season back in Premier League.

8-1 Boro away
Wigan 1-0 x 2

Also losing to Fulham 2-3 at home was a joke fashion how lost that game. Fulham brought about 100 fans too

Mansfield - auto windscreens, Lee Peacock was great that night
Boro 1-0 where they didnt have a shot on target, Sun Jihai
Wigan cup final

There are shitloads of worse defeats ive been at but 99% of the away defeats dont count as I was more than likely pissed up and ive forgotten the Pearce years

I know it strictly doesn't count but the 2-2 draw with Liverpool to send us down under The Football Genius felt like the worst defeat ever. Liverpool were there for the taking and we time wasted our way into relegation. In that moment, and as it turned out, the incorrect thought that we'd lose Kinkladze, I've never felt more depressed as a city fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.