A treble of City's most infamous defeats you were at

Nothing hurt as much or for as long as losing the Cup Final replay in 1981.
Relegation to the Third Division at Stoke was bad.
Third place (though I recall little of the match itself) was the '55 Wembley defeat by Newcastle. Six y.o., first ever football match, first trip to London. Tears on the way home and some Geordies gave me a bar of Cadbury's as a consolation.
Not much of a consolation, even for a little fella like yourself!

1. Halifax. Set the tone for the 1980s. Everything about the day, weather dismal, stood ankle deep in mud behind the goal (think they had a speedway track round the pitch), awful performance, lost to a late goal, mate got bitten by a police dog, not looking forward to Monday with getting the piss taken by rags.

2. Spurs FA Cup qf 1993. It was all set up, this was finally to be our year. Went 1 up, I remember one of the loudest renditions of Blue Moon I've ever heard, stood in the middle of it on the Kippax...and then it all went pear shaped. This was Typical City writ large, including an absolute stunning goal from Terry Phelan as a consolation.

3. League game v Stockport at Maine Road, 99/00. Lost 2-1. Evening game. Seem to recall Weaver having a mare but I just remember the feeling having lost late on, facing a shit drive back home for some distance in poor weather and at night, and thinking...is it ever going to get better?

It did :)

Shrewsbury
Lincoln
York
Stoke
All away
Luton
Liverpool
Bury
Stockport
Home.
I know you said three but not arsed

A lot of those fans would have remembered fuck all of the day 24 hrs later.

Actually, I envy them. I still remember every painful minute of it!
Even the journey back was a complete shitshow. On a coach that took about 6 hours (about 2 to get out of the fucking car park and do the first mile) with a bloke behind me throwing up every few minutes and the constant fear of being covered in his vomit.

Spurs in ‘81 was the worst I’ve ever felt at a match; cried my eyes out all the way back home. Absolutely devastated
Luton - devastated but not as bad as Spurs. Nearly but not quite.
United 5-0. On my birthday (think it was a Thursday night for some strange reason). Fucking horrific.
All these (and hundreds of other games) were well and truly shoved back into their fucking red Pandora’s box when Serge did his thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.