A trip down memory lane around Manchester....

not read the whole thread..

Roy Clarke Sports
Belle Vue, the bobs, the zoo, the circus, the lake, speedway, scenic railway, rows of 53 buses on match day...
Cross Street Gorton
The Open End at Maine Road

de niro said:
use to love the clayton "wars" with newton heath. they had clayton vale and we had the lime hills to defend :)

Lol when i first move up to the Heath (about 81) form Miles Platting me and a mate who come up from platting for the day found are way on to the vale. Down near the bridge some lad came up to us asking did i know so-and-so, so i was like no. next thing the **** punched me right in the face and leggs it up the hill to the clayton side. next thing about 30 lads ran down from the heath side asking what i was playing at told them i had no clue, they then schooled me in the way of the "wars". Many a happy day was spent on the vale after that. :)

Anyway back to platting anyone remember grenliys (or whatever it was called), vic's net curtains and the motorbike shop. The bike shop is still there.

Wishing Well/Olivers in Swinton,you would have Little Hulton in one part,Salford in another and then Swinton.

Pretty much guaranteed it kicking off every weekend

de niro said:
use to love the clayton "wars" with newton heath. they had clayton vale and we had the lime hills to defend :)

We used to have running battles with newton Heath, droylsden and limeside every night. At the top of rose hey lane and on the canal at the N/H border. Lots of fun until I got dropped behind enemy lines for my last summer in Manc.

Army and Navy store just up from where the Malmaison is now

Hurleys x 2 shops opposite

Cecil Gee's in St Annes Square

Brannigans underneath the Royal Exchange

Belle Vue Speedway - sat on Peter Collins's bike back in 1976

Grays at Stalybridge Celtic

Farrers and Pringle jumpers from O'Briens in Ashton-under-Lyne (it's still open!)

Shades on a Monday night (Simon Frater as DJ my best mate from primary, last heard of in Ibiza)

Best chicken madras in the Akash, Stalybridge

The pit hills in audenshaw where the snipe retail park is now...had many an hour having a good mooch round them..use to sneak up the railway line at the side of guide bridge theatre to get on,had many a chase off British transport police up that stretch of line

Got our first cat from a pet shop on tib st - Jinx, sadly passed away years ago. Why don't they let pet shops sell puppies and kittens anymore? Just boring hamsters and fish

Memories of Gorton in the 60's.

Abbey Hey Hotel

Lake Hotel (Belle Vue)

Catlows corner shop, Abbey Hey Lane

Parrys cake shop

Bridges newsagents

Phil Green's hardware...Cross Street

Kofflers Electrical shop

Crawford's Butchers, behind lamp post..(Half a lamb for thirty shillings...:-)
2wqa88m.jpg

Jerina's butchers, Wheelers Records,...(Cross street..later Gorton cross street)

Cowan's cycles

Johnstones Paints

Essoldo Cinema, Belle Vue
11j4w11.jpg

Belle Vue Aces, Peter Craven, Soren Sjosten, Peter Collins.....

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Memories of Gorton in the 60's.

Abbey Hey Hotel

Lake Hotel (Belle Vue)

Catlows corner shop, Abbey Hey Lane

Parrys cake shop

Bridges newsagents

Phil Green's hardware...Cross Street

Kofflers Electrical shop

Crawford's Butchers, behind lamp post..(Half a lamb for thirty shillings...:-)
2wqa88m.jpg

Jerina's butchers, Wheelers Records,...(Cross street..later Gorton cross street)

Cowan's cycles

Johnstones Paints

Essoldo Cinema, Belle Vue
11j4w11.jpg

Belle Vue Aces, Peter Craven, Soren Sjosten, Peter Collins.....

I rememeber kofflers in the early 80's hyde rd near parkdale ave... cowans just up the rd. do you remember Toms chippy chapman st, tight bastard but great chippy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.