Aaron Wan-Bissaka (signed for United)

Not really a statement of intent by the Rags in signing a player like him I would've thought. They're basically saying hey, we're gonna sign the guy who's best defensively because we're expecting to defend a hell of a lot next season and be without the ball.

There's a reason why the best fullbacks today are two way players. From what I've seen of this guy, he is well below average on the ball and across every facet of it.
It's also why stats should only ever be given so much weight, and the eye is a better judge than all.

Not a chance in fact after the signing he is nailed on as a regular England player, future captain and is a shoe in for the Pope’s job he really is that good and that’s before history is rewritten to say he is one out of their famous youth ranks.

Has he told everyone about “dreams coming true” yet and “signing for the biggest club in the world”?

That will come once his signing is confirmed.

Not really a statement of intent by the Rags in signing a player like him I would've thought. They're basically saying hey, we're gonna sign the guy who's best defensively because we're expecting to defend a hell of a lot next season and be without the ball.
I hope he turns out to be a complete flop, naturally, but I'm not going to scratch my head for negatives just because he's signed for them knobheads.

£50m for a kid is a huge gamble but it shows where they're at now, having to pay well over the odds for players.
With Wan-Bissaka and that kid from Swansea, it makes me wonder if they're considering admitting defeat for the time being, and building for the future.

Maybe they've realised that papering over the cracks is never going to work and they need to put a squad together that might be ready to compete in 2 or 3 years.

I think that's probably their best chance of ever getting backing into the title race, however, if Wan-Bissaka does turn out to be a class RB, will he not want UCL football?

Young Daminan and Dalot as right backs for scum! Why no criticism for just paying out 50m for another right back

Spending striker money on a fullback, ffs
giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.