About time city stopped making the home ends neutral

Plenty of Spanish in 134 last night spent most of the game talking between themselves, taking pictures of themselves and taking videos of Barcelona's set pieces.

How the fuck do these people get tickets? Fair enough they were harmless but that's not the point, if it was a high risk game there would be potential for trouble. You know what some of these crazy European fans can be like.

Just been on the CityFanPic 360 to see who was actually sat in my seat - wanted to past a picture on here but might cause me some problems. All I want to say is non of them are Mancunian or support City - they must have took the wrong turn and missed the swamp

Blackcrowes said:
PistonBlue said:
Well i'm considering knocking the CL home games on the head. Out of a party of six season tickets in EL2, four had to move to 109. I was able to sit in my usual seat but I wish I'd moved to 109.
I just can't be doing with the tourists taking pictures, chatting shit, and showing absolutely no emotion during the game. No harm in them, just a shit atmosphere. Also who got a bit animated was looked at as if they were some kind of simpleton, it was like awkward looks all round if anyone shouted a bit. And real blues, season ticket holders have to shift to accommodate these people? Not for me, I could put the cash to better use and watch it on the telly.
One bloke on the row in front had a fucking ipad with him, I mean seriously, wtf?
The standard or difference in refereeing is something else that pisses me off immensely, the amount of petty free kicks last night was ridiculous.

I am in 207 and get moved for every Champions League home game. I goto every game home and away without fail, getting kicked out of your seat for a tourist is the ultimate insult. I have complained to the club but get the same friends of FIFA excuse. Another guy who sits near me went to the person sat in his normal seat to inquire how they got the ticket. The answer was Viagogo - you will appreciate the guy was very pissed off. Whilst I can understand the mutual frustration on the ticketing fiasco, stopping going is NOT the answer. All that will happen is our club is taken over by plastic tourists. We need to organise constructive discussion with the club to work out how we can influence this. My ultimate concern is our beloved game turns into a series of franchise clubs with global connections. The other issue that is really winding me up is the away ticket pricing. The Premier League Clubs should be forced to have the same ticket prices at every stadium. The business model to run the clubs does not rely on fans through the turnstiles, its TV revenues and other commercial sponsorship that makes the difference. I think the price should be max £30 per adult and £15 for kids and OAP's. Demand would probably go up and stadiums get bigger. Thoughts welcome.
That is absolutely scandalous, city should be ashamed of themselves. If that's what they want , a souless stadium full of people on Ipads in half and half scalves then so be it. You say we should keep going but I hate being surrounded by these morons, and you actually get moved to let them in your seat ? That is realy taking the piss.

Why Always Ste said:
I wasn't at the match tonight (as a Seasoncard holder) as sadly I don't have £50 spare.

A choice, do I spend £72 on a league cup final ticket or a ticket for tonight.

Well said Blue! from a (s/t holder) not in cup scheme but attended confirming that I WILL NOT be in the scheme next season once again but will most likely NOT attend future Euro games. Domestic stuff will be my preference from now on having been made redundant and feel my support for the club is going to have to suffer! O well that's life I suppose!

-- Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:37 pm --

ballinio said:
Marvin said:
It's not City, it's City fans

Another disturbing issue is City fans buying half and half scarves. How do you wear that after tonight's game. They beat us and you wear their colours?!
one of the reasons I`ll be fucking it off next year, champions league games are full of these knobs, taking photo`s of themselves while the game was on, half and half scalves, thousands there who couldn't give a shit about the game .

Sorry to hear that Blue but I second that! My how the great game of FOOTBALL has changed! imo for the worst.

alib said:
One"foreign" bloke turned up on our row in the 70th minute to the great amusement of all around!!

I believe some "foreign" fans turned up Tonight thinking it was a Wednesday game...............they were directed to the Emerates so they will be a bit late.

The number of Plastics there last night was a fucking joke.
BBC Radio last night interviewed several last night outside in City Sq - not a fuckin one ever been before from all over Europe
How the fuck do 2 Norwegians who have never been to the ground before get a ticket in front of any type of member (me in particular)
Whats with loads of Barca fans together in the City stands?
If their were one or two JCL I can understand the odd newbie BC member getting tickets but there were thousands of the fuckers with their shitty half and halfs - it stinks!

I'm quite happy for people from around the world to visit us, but the ticket pricing and seating arrangements need sorting out. Hopefully this will happen when the stadium is reconfigured, but as a minimum we require North and South lower stands to be singing sections, City fans only and reserved for season ticket holders and blue card members. Pricing here should be cheap (£35 max) and the re-selling of tickets banned from Viagogo. The cheap tickets will create massive demand for these areas.

I would retain the Family section in the North stand, most kids enjoy it when the adults go barmy, but maybe have quieter sections in level 2!

Occasional visitors can experience the game elsewhere, but need to be priced a lot more. If they're willing to pay VAT, Viagogo handling and whatever else on top, then they can pay it direct to the club.

Blackcrowes said:
PistonBlue said:
Well i'm considering knocking the CL home games on the head. Out of a party of six season tickets in EL2, four had to move to 109. I was able to sit in my usual seat but I wish I'd moved to 109.
I just can't be doing with the tourists taking pictures, chatting shit, and showing absolutely no emotion during the game. No harm in them, just a shit atmosphere. Also who got a bit animated was looked at as if they were some kind of simpleton, it was like awkward looks all round if anyone shouted a bit. And real blues, season ticket holders have to shift to accommodate these people? Not for me, I could put the cash to better use and watch it on the telly.
One bloke on the row in front had a fucking ipad with him, I mean seriously, wtf?
The standard or difference in refereeing is something else that pisses me off immensely, the amount of petty free kicks last night was ridiculous.

I am in 207 and get moved for every Champions League home game. I goto every game home and away without fail, getting kicked out of your seat for a tourist is the ultimate insult. I have complained to the club but get the same friends of FIFA excuse. Another guy who sits near me went to the person sat in his normal seat to inquire how they got the ticket. The answer was Viagogo - you will appreciate the guy was very pissed off. Whilst I can understand the mutual frustration on the ticketing fiasco, stopping going is NOT the answer. All that will happen is our club is taken over by plastic tourists. We need to organise constructive discussion with the club to work out how we can influence this. My ultimate concern is our beloved game turns into a series of franchise clubs with global connections. The other issue that is really winding me up is the away ticket pricing. The Premier League Clubs should be forced to have the same ticket prices at every stadium. The business model to run the clubs does not rely on fans through the turnstiles, its TV revenues and other commercial sponsorship that makes the difference. I think the price should be max £30 per adult and £15 for kids and OAP's. Demand would probably go up and stadiums get bigger. Thoughts welcome.
Far too sensible

Blackcrowes said:
PistonBlue said:

I know, and you're right. I was just letting off steam I suppose, if City are at home I'm there - that's how it's always been and how it always will be. BUT, I remain very underwhelmed at parts of the whole CL experience. The game itself was fascinating until they got the penalty and we got lost MDM. I just didn't appreciate the odd looks every time I tried to cheer my team on, or to convey my thoughts to the referee.

To hear that the seats that season ticket holders are forced to vacate are being put on sale on Viagogo is an insult. I was under the impression the club had to give those seats to UEFA to accommodate their officials, sponsors and so on, not go on sale to passing tourists. Do UEFA force the club to do this, is this a regulation we have to abide by in order to take part in the competition?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.