Absolutely gutted :(

Well we took him last night and he even had a bad seizure in the car on the way to the vets.

So hard to look him in the eye when I was taking him there, it's like he trusted me unconditionally and I knew I was taking him to his death and he had no idea :(

It really wasn't fair for him to carry on like that though, he must have been really hurting aswell because the seizures were violent and sometimes he'd rear up on his front legs and he could have broke his back easily, it was definitely the kindest thing to do, he'll be missed though!

@ niall_mcfc - it's rubbish aint it mate, bet it won't be the same down at grandads on Saturdays will it.

RIP Oscar.

So sorry for your loss. I've been there and know what you've gone through.

All the best.

Hi Fitton. Condolences mate. I too am a dog lover and I've been through what you're currently experiencing a number of times.

I had a German Shepherd that I had to have put to sleep and I was absolutely fucking devastated. He was 14 in our years and was always by my side wherever I went - pretty much 24 hours a day (he even slept just outside my bedroom door).
I can genuinely say I felt suicidal when he went, such was the level of my depression over losing him.
But a good friend of mine said to me afterwards: "You loved him, he was well looked after, had regular exercise, a roof over his head and never wanted for anything. Many dogs don't get to be so lucky."

It was a comforting thought. Hope it has the same effect on you, mate.

Fitton said:
Well we took him last night and he even had a bad seizure in the car on the way to the vets.

So hard to look him in the eye when I was taking him there, it's like he trusted me unconditionally and I knew I was taking him to his death and he had no idea :(

It really wasn't fair for him to carry on like that though, he must have been really hurting aswell because the seizures were violent and sometimes he'd rear up on his front legs and he could have broke his back easily, it was definitely the kindest thing to do, he'll be missed though!

@ niall_mcfc - it's rubbish aint it mate, bet it won't be the same down at grandads on Saturdays will it.

RIP Oscar.

well done mate.
Euphanasia is a very kind way of ending unneccesary suffering.

you have done the thing no doubt.

Threads like this never fail to upset me. So sad :-(

I'm so sorry to hear about Oscar Fitton. He was gorgeous.

It's so hard I know, we become so attached to our pets, but you did the right thing though. He isn't suffering anymore. x

so sorry fitton. oscar looked lovely i am sure you have done the right thing for him. been there myself a few times.it never gets any easier,but at least you knew he was loved and you gave him a great life and he knew it too. xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to hear about Oscar. I know exactly what you have and are going through, having had to take my Max to the vets to be put to sleep last Christmas. Just know that you did the right thing for him and he is not suffering now.

Fitton said:
So hard to look him in the eye when I was taking him there, it's like he trusted me unconditionally and I knew I was taking him to his death

RIP Oscar.

You weren't though mate, you were taking him to put an end to his suffering.

It's shit that there was only one way of doing that, but if you hadn't done it that way the dog you love would still be suffering now. From your earlier posts there is a very good chance that he would probably not have lived for very long anyway and he would have suffered every single day that he did.

Feel for you, like we all do, but from the sounds of it you've done the only humane thing you could do.

PS you may find it helps to remember how he lived, not how he died.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.