Absolutely heartbroken. Gutted

It's a hard time mate but it does easy slowly.

Lost my dad after a short illness in November I can empathise with you.

The Kippax in the sky will have another occupant now.

RIP.

meldrew said:
Rip blue, he'll be watching us onto glory with the best seat in the house!

2nd cloud from the right Ted is where my mum and her tea urn is set up... :)

bumbleblue said:
Fellow bluemooners , i just want to share a my current thoughts with you. when i was a little 'un my uncle used to take me to Maine Road because my dad had to work weekends . My dad had orgininally been a red but my mum had put a stop to all that nonsence straight away and my dad too became a blue. My uncle had always been a blue and since my mum was really close to her sister my uncle decided he could help by taking me. My first game was v everton and it would have been late 60s early 70s. By the time i was 13 14 i had a season ticket and me and my uncle Ted went to home games together for many years. He stopped going due to ill health really when we moved to coms although i did take him and my auntie on the tour of the ground for his 80th birthday . He had a very dense stroke last March and since then has been up and down recently he seemed to be doing well ,i had to go into hospital myself last week to have my gall bladder removed, i was in overnight and the night i was discharged my auntie rang to say that he had been rushed into MRI where he died. My dad died 20 years ago and my mum 11 years ago and since then, and before in someways ,this man and his wife have always been there for me. Proper true blues Ted and Joan. God knows what she will do with out him they were married for 62 years. He told me when i was about 11 "you could support that lot (utd) but you'd never know real happiness... You get it all at city.. the highest highs and the lowest lows jesus has that been proved right? gutted he'll miss the next thing we win." i will be there for him , as he was so many times for me.
Goodnight God bless uncle Ted.

sorry about the long post doesn't do him justice but i just needed to share the football Ted with people who would "get it".

Your Dad changed from being a Rag to being a City fan? Christ! ;)

reminds me so much of my uncle who took me to my first city game, it still saddens me now to think of him after 20 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.