Academy Players in the First Team

While I don't want to promote any EDS for the sake of it but the same time you don't want to completely block their first team path otherwise they might not be too keen in joining the Academy in the first place.
I used to think that, but when they see the likes of Trafford, Charles, Lavia and Borges getting big moves they'll come for sure.
They know they'll get a great footballing education and the club will help them get a move if they don't make our squad.

I used to think that, but when they see the likes of Trafford, Charles, Lavia and Borges getting big moves they'll come for sure.
They know they'll get a great footballing education and the club will help them get a move if they don't make our squad.
It is good grounding but the issue is still there that they want to be part of the first team at City first and foremost. We still have to give the incentive of making it to the first team by not buying unecessarily.

While I don't want to promote any EDS players for the sake of it but the same time you don't want to completely block their first team path ether, otherwise they might not be too keen in joining the Academy in the first place.
I would think the parents will be the one's making the final decision and considering all the ex players kids includiing ex rags that we've had ,I'd say that indicates how elite our training facilities,coaches and education program are so I wouldn't worry about our abilities to attract future stars.

I would think the parents will be the one's making the final decision and considering all the ex players kids includiing ex rags that we've had ,I'd say that indicates how elite our training facilities,coaches and education program are so I wouldn't worry about our abilities to attract future stars.
But buying squad filling players for the sake of it isn't good either . Kalvin Phillips is the recent example although it is hard to tell if he is going to be given a second chance.

The discussion now is exactly why I made this thread. It is, effectively, a group who believe that playing academy players is too much of a risk, Vs those who are prepared to take it because they believe in the player/emotional engagement.

As I have said, I am in the camp of giving those players the opportunity. I need to add that it is because I believe that Bobb, Palmer and McAtee are exceptionally good, young players and only as much of a risk as bringing in a young player from elsewhere like Olise.

Loan them out to another PL team, they’ll get the same level of experience without any risk to us. City should be aiming to win as much as possible, we can’t afford to sacrifice trophies just to see if two or three young lads might be good enough or not. Loans are perfect as they’re risk free and if those players shine we can get them back, if not they’ll still fetch a reasonable amount of income when sold. I don’t care where any of our players are from as long as we keep winning.
You assume the sacrificing of trophies - it is absolutely not guaranteed.

Dada-Mascoll has been training with the first team.

For those unaware,hes a physically imposing CDM with excellent technical ability and an eye for a pass,he is a monster in every respect.

Oh....and he has only just turned 17!
He looks exceptional. He is an absolute specimen though and that can mislead at youth level, as it has done at Chelsea's academy for several years. It will be great to witness his continued development because if he can take his dominance through the levels, we have an utterly exceptional talent.

Bed in youth and finish 4th or keep on topping up with the finished articles and win trophies and rack up league titles whilst everyone flounders in our polished wake? I know what I prefer...
View attachment 88827
We all love trophies and there's nothing to say that we can't have both - exceptional academy players in the first team AND continued success.

He looks exceptional. He is an absolute specimen though and that can mislead at youth level, as it has done at Chelsea's academy for several years. It will be great to witness his continued development because if he can take his dominance through the levels, we have an utterly exceptional talent.

Agreed.....his size gives him a huge advantage currently but he also has ability,so he has every chance.

A really exciting talent,and i have made his own thread as a result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.