Adam Johnson admits he may quit City???

Give him an important role, give him an armband, give him a new lucrative contract, but look what had happened to Micah then? Hope the club won't repeat their mistakes when handle with big ego like this again.

I'd like to know why the fuck he's gobbing off to the press? If I was in charge at City I'd be getting him in the office tomorrow, show him his contract, ask him if that's his signature at the bottom of it and when he said yes, fine him a months wages for gobbing off and let him know if he does it again the same will happen. He'll soon get the message.

TheMatrix31 said:
I don't see anything too crazy in that article. Seems like he's dying to help contribute. He'd be foolish to say he wouldn't keep his options open if/when the time came where he could move on.
He'd be foolish not to think that, however i don't see what advantage he gets from saying it. If he does genuinely want to stay, i would have thought he'd have taken the hint that going to the press like this doesn't really enhance his chances of first team football.

Whether it is or not, it reads like a veiled threat.

I'd be inclined to agree with Mancini. As much potential as he's got and as good a player as he is, he's still got a lot to prove. At the moment it is looking like he's as much use as an impact player than as a first team player. I don't know whether that's down to fitness or ego-induced overconfidence/arrogance - where he thinks 'two dribbles, two crosses' is enough for him in this match, but unfortunately he's not playing at anything like in the full ninety the performance he gives in twenty.

There are two/3 sides to this article that need addressing

1. Rm is right at he moment to not be giving AJ full games....he does blow hot and cold...but on the other hand why isnt he then giving SWP more of a chance...(yes he was rubbish in the last euro game but so were half the team!!)

2. Why isnt someone at city advising the players a little better on their dealings with the press???? It is a hugely sensative time for the club and they surely know that the media are out to shoot us down at every given moment, so whty isnt someone (not the manager i hasten to add) controlling what the players are doing/saying to the media (or at least advising them)???

3. AJ comments about tactics.....this backs up everything that some people on here have been complaining about. It shows that RM is playing defensively and is all about not conceding and they just trying to nick a goal (which does work sometime but can be very risky and also very frustrating to watch)...it also shows that some of the players (and its been said/hinted/inferred at before by tev) are very frustrated by the tactics and feel that they have more to offer going forward.

Having said all that, it is the Sun and it all could very well be absolute bollocks!!!

BlueMo' said:
If true.....It is the Sun! let him go.The same goes for
anyone who hasn't got the stomach for for the fight.
He's got the stomach , he want's to play .

Mancini like it or not is doing the right thing imo, too many players are hyped up too early in their careers and this can be a bad thing..take the likes of Downing & Bentley and the like..players with great potential who as soon as the press got on the them and hyped them up as the next big thing all of a sudden they dissapear from view..Downing was hyped up as Englands left sided saviour,Bentley the new Beckham..Did this hyping get to their heads?? did it give them the mindset to not want to better themselves??cos sommat happened to them now look at them...
Maybe Mancini in his own way is protecting Johnson from going down the same route,we can all see his potential sa can Bob but still a lot of nurturing is required..
Walk before you run Adam...

Gareth Bale was hyped as the next 50 mill superstar just 3 weeks ago because of the way he played...funny that since then his form has been no where near as good.. is it coincidence ??

Having said all that, it is the Sun and it all could very well be absolute bollocks!!!

Another day, another deluge of reports in the British Press which seek to report to the Public that all is not well in the land of City. Balotelli is leaving in the summer, AJ is thinking about quitting. It goes on and on. There is no conspiracy here it just sells papers with attention grabbing headlines. As supporters we need to learn how to ignore it, and the club need to manage it better. Perhaps taking the Baconface approach where he takes no prisoners with the press.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.