Adam Johnson discuss.....

niall_mcfc said:
franksinatra said:
The team requires more than the first team and so along with a strong squad we need players who are prepared to play irregularly and can still contribute.

When people comment we should sell AJ, Kolarov, Dzeko etc I wonder who they think will be happy to sign and not play regularly as replacements.

There are plenty of players out there who are good enough to be squad players for us. I'd personally like us to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson as a back up midfielder but doubt we will, also Marvin Martin who has had a great season at Socheaux who is set to sign for Lille for £10m would have been another great option. Its not great to be replacing players every season but if its needed then we have to do it to compete in all the competitions.

Adam Johnson is the only natural wide player we have, so I dont see why replacing him with two attacking midfielders would be a solution when we have so many options in that position. Such as Yaya, Nasri, Silva.

Ive not watched Martin, but his two goals in the french leage does not suggest he would pop up with a goal here and there like Johnson has on quite a few occasions last season.

franksinatra said:
niall_mcfc said:
franksinatra said:
The team requires more than the first team and so along with a strong squad we need players who are prepared to play irregularly and can still contribute.

When people comment we should sell AJ, Kolarov, Dzeko etc I wonder who they think will be happy to sign and not play regularly as replacements.

There are plenty of players out there who are good enough to be squad players for us. I'd personally like us to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson as a back up midfielder but doubt we will, also Marvin Martin who has had a great season at Socheaux who is set to sign for Lille for £10m would have been another great option. Its not great to be replacing players every season but if its needed then we have to do it to compete in all the competitions.

Adam Johnson is the only natural wide player we have, so I dont see why replacing him with two attacking midfielders would be a solution when we have so many options in that position. Such as Yaya, Nasri, Silva.

Ive not watched Martin, but his two goals in the french leage does not suggest he would pop up with a goal here and there like Johnson has on quite a few occasions last season.

I never said they would replace Johnson. We very rarely play with a winger so more central options would be great as we cant rely on Silva all the time and Nasri has been in and out. I'd much rather we gave Weiss a go than keep playing Johnson. Weiss may not produce the goods every week and is still a bit immature but hes got potential. Hes quicker, more skilful and younger than Johnson. Aj might have more experience but Vladi would be a very good squad player next season for us if given a go.

Has shown glimpses of what he's capable of.. Good enough to play for a team with such a strong squad as ours? Maybe not...

Send him out on loan to a mid table side and lets see what he's like when he's playing week in and week out?

I would keep him if he is happy to stay as bit part player. Start him in maybe 10 home games, 5 away and all cup games except CL. Whether he would be happy with that is a different matter.

It's his attitude more than anything. My mate (city fan) has seen him out in town and asked for a photo which Johnson refused with the words "I'm too pissed, I can't even see".
Always the same few at aways coming to acknowledge the fans at the end - Johnson's first down the tunnel every time. Obviously I don't know but whenever I picture him at training I get the impression that he's last out/first back in.

I think he is a fantastic player and during the season he suffered from Mancini's favouritism for Nasri, despite Nasri's bad form. Nasri came good at the end of the season, but I cant help but feel Mancini doesnt see Johnson in his long term plans.

AJ will never realise his full potential unless he stops living the party boy lifestyle. He should spend less time on the piss and more time on working hard to improve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.