Adam Johnson for Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
southern muppet said:
What, Nasri is an emphatically better footballer than Bale. And at least three people ITT believing he's worth £35m-£40m...do people live in a different universe to me when it comes to Gareth Bale or something?!!

For me, and this is a genuine assessment ignoring the fact that one plays for City - there's not a lot in it between Bale and Kolarov.

I can see your argument perfectly well with Bale/Nasri, although they are very different players so it's hard to compare, but your Kolarov comment is a strange one.

spurspinter1 said:
southern muppet said:
What, Nasri is an emphatically better footballer than Bale. And at least three people ITT believing he's worth £35m-£40m...do people live in a different universe to me when it comes to Gareth Bale or something?!!

For me, and this is a genuine assessment ignoring the fact that one plays for City - there's not a lot in it between Bale and Kolarov.

I can see your argument perfectly well with Bale/Nasri, although they are very different players so it's hard to compare, but your Kolarov comment is a strange one.

Kolarov does lack consistency compared to Bale, but at his best I don't think there's a lot in it. Bale is a more tenacious player, that's for sure. People willingly accepting this idea that Bale has twice the monetary value of Kolarov is what I'm not understanding.

southern muppet said:
spurspinter1 said:
southern muppet said:

Kolarov does lack consistency compared to Bale, but at his best I don't think there's a lot in it. Bale is a more tenacious player, that's for sure. People willingly accepting this idea that Bale has twice the monetary value of Kolarov is what I'm not understanding.

Monetary value is difficult to consider, ie the number of years left on their contract has a direct effect on how much they would be bought for but does not definitely mean they are a better player

For example: Nasri went for 25m and (allegedly) Chelsea bid 40m for Modric. Of course this doesn't mean that Modric is nearly twice the player Nasri is, it says more about the way the owner club handles their contract management.

I've seen Kolarov play much more at LB, which is no longer Bale's favoured position so in terms of defending I'd say Kolarov perhaps has an edge but in terms of attacking play imo it isn't too close between the two.

Both are very very talented players, I would love to see Bale here. He is quick as fook, got a tremendous left foot and is an all round great winger. AJ is different , he doesn't rely solely upon pace, he has the tricks and I think whenever he plays he gets either a couple assists or a goal and I couldn't say that about Bale. Bale last year seemed to hit his peak so early then went wandering for 6 months. AJ is inconsistent as well in terms of performance , but when he plays he has an impact whether he is playing well or not. I see AJ play much more than Bale so I know what he is like and I know what I am getting , with Bale I don't , so purely on that , and that alone, I would side with AJ.

No, and Ill tell you why. AJ does have pace, he's a better dribbler, passer, has better vision, and has just as good, if not better left foot. I agree with the poster up above, the only difference between Kolarov and Bale is that Kolarov has a better left foot and less pace. Bale is a very good player, but the competition he faces for a starting spot is really quite bad. As we all know, Tottenham is hugely overrated, they can play some decent football but when they come up against the big sides they're really quite poor. So comparing his importance to his team, compared to the importance of AJ to us is pointless. The only world class players they have are VDV and Modric, and even that's a stretch. Bales a good old fashioned winger, but his main assets are stamina and pace, while AJ is a much more refined and skillful player.

Blue Elmo said:
Both are very very talented players, I would love to see Bale here. He is quick as fook, got a tremendous left foot and is an all round great winger. AJ is different , he doesn't rely solely upon pace, he has the tricks and I think whenever he plays he gets either a couple assists or a goal and I couldn't say that about Bale. Bale last year seemed to hit his peak so early then went wandering for 6 months. AJ is inconsistent as well in terms of performance , but when he plays he has an impact whether he is playing well or not. I see AJ play much more than Bale so I know what he is like and I know what I am getting , with Bale I don't , so purely on that , and that alone, I would side with AJ.

Just as well because he doesn't actually have any pace!<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:33 am --<br /><br />
BobbyQ90 said:
No, and Ill tell you why. AJ does have pace, he's a better dribbler, passer, has better vision, and has just as good, if not better left foot. I agree with the poster up above, the only difference between Kolarov and Bale is that Kolarov has a better left foot and less pace. Bale is a very good player, but the competition he faces for a starting spot is really quite bad. As we all know, Tottenham is hugely overrated, they can play some decent football but when they come up against the big sides they're really quite poor. So comparing his importance to his team, compared to the importance of AJ to us is pointless. The only world class players they have are VDV and Modric, and even that's a stretch. Bales a good old fashioned winger, but his main assets are stamina and pace, while AJ is a much more refined and skillful player.

LOL. VDV is world class? Calm down.

BobbyQ90 said:
Please, just stop.

Blue Elmo said:

Well put. I agree 100%. People still judge bale mainly based on that Milan game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.