Adam Johnson guilty - 6 year sentence

Sunderland chief executive Margaret Byrne has resigned following the Adam Johnson child abuse case.

Winger Johnson, 28, faces a jail sentence after being found guilty of sexual activity with a 15-year-old.

Sunderland have been criticised for allowing the England international to continue playing after his arrest.

Byrne said she recognised that her decision to allow Johnson to continue to play for the club "was a serious mistake".

It really was a serious mistake if they knew he had done it,i suppose if he told them he didn't do it then i can see why they went with the innocent till proven guilty course

Did she miss the bit about him pleading guilty to grooming the girl,justice has been done the dozy mare

It really is poor form - he has been exposed in court as not been a decent human being in any way shape or form and he has clearly done wrong.

I don't want him to get years and years - I personally think 5 years and serving 2.5 will be punishment enough as well as loosing his job and reputation but he certainly needs some life lessons. He genuinely needs to reform his character.

It really was a serious mistake if they knew he had done it,i suppose if he told them he didn't do it then i can see why they went with the innocent till proven guilty course

Think the police have confirmed the club did know.

Pretty out of order to use a picture of his daughter in the promotion of her campaign. Maybe let her decide for herself when she's older if she wants to be the face of a campaign defending a convicted sex offender.

I know someone related to one of the Sunderland board and let's just say I can see why Adam Johnson would be defended by them considering the class of person sat running that club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.