Adam Johnson - How good is he really?

Somud

On a scale from 1 - 10, 10 being players like Cesc and Messi, how would you place Johnson?

And do you think Johnson has the capacity to reach a 10 level?

Will he play instead of Bellamy? These are some of the questions we have to answer now.

Messi is on another planet to Fabregas so I don't quite get your grading system.
Johnson always caught my eye in a fairly dismal Middlesbrough team last season, he always caused problems. I certainly think he has the potential to be as good as the likes of Milner, Young, Lennon etc.

As he is only 22, i wouldn't worry to much about his current level, even though i think he is a good player. He looked livily against us in the FA cup until he was taken off.

Happy to see us invest in some of the good young british player about, and not just looking at quick fixes.

Good signing, all in all, and hopefully will get a chance to show what he can do.

KentBlue said:
I have faith in Mancio. If he thinks he's a player who can benefit the team then I'm happy to go along with him.

But how will we play with Johnson? Surely, is there room for Tevez, Bellamy and a target man together with Johnson? I don't think so.

Perhaps:

Tevez-Ade
Johnson-Vieira-DJ-SWP

And Bellamy on the bench? Or can Johnson play on right just as good as on left?

Bellamy cannot play 3 consequtive games, or 2 games in a week if they come frequently! and with us still in the FA Cup and with 2 games in hand we'll have a lot of football this season and Bellamy will not feature in all of them! plus next year with us - hopefully - being in Europe we will have a hell of a lot of games and Bellamy won't be able to play in them
all!

I'm not. fan of either Robinho or Petrov, they are passengers and Premier Lg teams cannot afford to carry passengers! and NO team that wins titles carry passengers! so I'm glad to see this lad!

everyone I'd heard speak of him or write about him have been given extreme play to this lad! i can't quite remember off the top of my head who said it but someone recently said that he is better than Downing already and I think Downing is mustard! and from what I've seen personally I think he looks very promising! quick, skillful, very good crosser, WORKS HARD AND DOES DEFENSIVE WORK, but he's only young and over the next 3 years we'll only see him maybe 20 times a season!

I predict he will be used mainly on the right. Best thing about him is that he has 2 good feet. He's officially left footed but unlike petrov he can use his right foot very well. Will be good to be able to have him switch wings mid-game if it's not working so well for him on one wing.

i would never drop bellamy for him...

i can see him starting on the right in a 442 with vieira and de jong in the middle. most of out attack builds up from wings anyway and thats where we are most dangerous and bellamy and johnson can make things happen.

vieira in the middle to go up and down the field...de jong to win the ball and cut up the attack..and from the few boro games ive watched johnson does hustle and we know bellamy does too so i could see it working nice

He's better than overhyped young English players like Walcott. Johnson has creeped up and improved slowly into a very talented player. Can trouble most PL full-backs I'd say and can play on either wing. Well worth what we've paid I'd say, plus he's English which is always a bit of a plus and he's not likely to cause us any problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.