Adam Johnson - How good is he really?

ninjamonkey said:
I predict he will be used mainly on the right. Best thing about him is that he has 2 good feet. He's officially left footed but unlike petrov he can use his right foot very well. Will be good to be able to have him switch wings mid-game if it's not working so well for him on one wing.

That's FANTASTIC news! This is definitely why Mancini wanted him! It means we can still pack the middle of the park with 3 midfielders (3 of DJ, Vieira, Barry and Ireland) and play Johnson as a roaming winger going crazy on either wing. It is a brilliant strategy, and I'm loookin forward to seeing it in action. Ade and Tevez up front. Johnson will probably get his debut against Hull, I'd guess.

bluemoonjack said:
is he any better than weiss if they're only promising prospects,who cost us nothing?

weiss needs to go on loan for a bit to learn his trade and get more games

johnson did this a couple of years ago so johnson is ahead of vladi IMO.

next year vlad will be back at city with petrov gone, that leaves 2 right wingers (weiss, swp) and 2 left wingers (bellamy, johnson) to provide good options in the squad

mansour's tow ropes said:
bluemoonjack said:
is he any better than weiss if they're only promising prospects,who cost us nothing?

weiss needs to go on loan for a bit to learn his trade and get more games

johnson did this a couple of years ago so johnson is ahead of vladi IMO.

next year vlad will be back at city with petrov gone, that leaves 2 right wingers (weiss, swp) and 2 left wingers (bellamy, johnson) to provide good options in the squad

But 3 men in the middle of the park is still crucial to be able to dominate and dictate the play though.

ninjamonkey said:
I predict he will be used mainly on the right. Best thing about him is that he has 2 good feet. He's officially left footed but unlike petrov he can use his right foot very well. Will be good to be able to have him switch wings mid-game if it's not working so well for him on one wing.
Does this mean SWP is on his way?-----I hope not and hope Petrov is the one that is going

I think Weiss has more potential than Johnson but right now Johnson is more of a polished player ready for the first team. He has a lot more experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.