Adam Johnson - How good is he really?

Some bitter smoggies in this thread. He looks superb every time I've seen him, really come on leaps and bounds in the past few years, was restricted by bloody Downing when he was there, but now he's had his chance and he's shined. Can't wait to see him in action for us and looking at the fixture list he'll definitely get a start soon.

riley347 said:
KentBlue said:
I have faith in Mancio. If he thinks he's a player who can benefit the team then I'm happy to go along with him.

when will RM have seen johnson play??.................

You are aware that he has played against us this season, under Mancini?

we're not bitter at all. you've signed a talented player for sure, just don't expect him to be ripping open the prem straight away because the championship is a very poor league with largely slow defenders. he'll be frustrating to watch at first probably but mancini will turn him into an excellent player eventually. just don't expect excellent crossing all the time and him using his right foot and defending, expect tricks cutting inside and the odd great cross or shot.
All the best,
Smoggy :-)

DannyMFC said:
we're not bitter at all. you've signed a talented player for sure, just don't expect him to be ripping open the prem straight away because the championship is a very poor league with largely slow defenders. he'll be frustrating to watch at first probably but mancini will turn him into an excellent player eventually. just don't expect excellent crossing all the time and him using his right foot and defending, expect tricks cutting inside and the odd great cross or shot.
All the best,
Do you think he is quicker than Downing?

i think johnson probably is quicker yes, although not hugely. Downing at this moment in time is a better player, mancini will make him a top top player though.

I watched him at training on Thursday and although reserved (as most would be having just started a new job) he was involved, busy and didn't look out of place at all!
You know when you see something and it looks right but you can't put your finger on it?? Well thats my first impression of AJ.
Something just says quality! And mixing with the quality we have this lad will only improve and become a star! I'm sure of it!

DannyMFC said:
All the best,

Sounds like another Robinho :-)

il second that mate.. i wondered who he looked like,,but couldnt put a name to it...
Blue Lloyd said:
Know little about him as a player but he's a ringer for Ian Curtis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.