Adam Johnson - How good is he really?

DannyMFC said:
People saying he is two-footed haven't watched him! he constantly cuts inside and tries to take everyone on, sometimes resulting in a stunning goal but quite often it is frustrating. As for his attitude, with us at least, leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not bitter or anything and i'm sure he'll work hard for you, but that's how he was with us.
Don't be bitter, Smoggy. If you weren't bothered, you wouldn't be on here crying like a wean. You've got enough on your plate trying to translate a Willo Flood post-match interview (think Brad Pitt in Snatch)

not seen much of him to be honest,, like most blues- just hoping he hits the ground running and can get back to help out the full back.. Garrido is a terrible defender and yesterday, as well as the two games vs united was our worst performer by some distance.. It would seem bobby manc wouldnt have scouted this fellow,, i think its more marwoods signing,, had we have signed a left back today id have been very happy.. Lescott,bridge,garrido,sylvinho= average at best...

Good value and a good addition to the squad

Would not have been priority one though as others have said

LB still the problem position imo unless Lescott goes there....

Boro fan here:

What you get with johnson is somewhat raw talent, very gifted but not yet the finished article (his progress was hampered by Downing's presence essentially). He has trickery and strength (could play as an auxiliary striker) but he needs to improve his decision-making before he prospers at the top level. He's an excellent player away from home as he can exploit space ion the counter and I think in an offensive team like City, he will ultimately shine. I hope the kiod becomes England's left winger and I think with the right guidnace he may do so.

May I say that I've always liked City because your fans were quality when you were in the doldrums (I've also got good mates who are City fans). It saddened me though when i clicked through a link to a city fans site (think it was this one) how City fans were calling Boro 'kiddy-fiddlers'.

For the record: the Cleveland child abuse scandal (over 20 years ago) was a scandal not because Teesside parents were abusing their children but because they WEREN'T (after a doctor made umpteen false diagnoses).

I hope you can see your way to slapping down the next idiot who dredges that up, it does you no credit.

Really pleased with this move. I've always liked the look of Johnson, he reminds me of Peter Beagrie. I'm not sure he'll be a certain starter for the rest of the season but I'm sure he will make an exciting impact coming off the bench.

Neil McNab said:
sherburncity said:
Your joking,he's more like a 7.457
The pair of you need your heads banging togeather, both way off, you have obviously never seen him play, he's at least a 7.2138
I'm sorry mate but 7.2138 is less than both 7.2146 and 7.457 ;)

lancs blue said:
You are aware that after leaving Inter Mancini spent the next year watching the Prem on TV and even some live games when he was in London for a couple of months? I think he'll have known who he was alright.

He obviously never watched us. The bloke thinks Petrov is a right winger!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.