Adam Johnson - How good is he really?

masterwig said:
lancs blue said:
You are aware that after leaving Inter Mancini spent the next year watching the Prem on TV and even some live games when he was in London for a couple of months? I think he'll have known who he was alright.

He obviously never watched us. The bloke thinks Petrov is a right winger!

Petrov is a right whinger! ;)

I got a lot of friends who support teams in the championship and they really rate him highly as do i. I can't wait to see him play i think he the winger that will set the priemer league on fire :)

I've followed the lad for years after my mates dad (Boro fan) mentioned him as a kid with great potential. I have been underwhelmed so far and haven't seen anything special from him in several seasons. I really hope that I am wrong and he proves he has the ability to succeed at the highest level for many years to come. Good luck, son.

bangkok_boro said:
Boro fan here:

What you get with johnson is somewhat raw talent, very gifted but not yet the finished article (his progress was hampered by Downing's presence essentially). He has trickery and strength (could play as an auxiliary striker) but he needs to improve his decision-making before he prospers at the top level. He's an excellent player away from home as he can exploit space ion the counter and I think in an offensive team like City, he will ultimately shine. I hope the kid becomes England's left winger and I think with the right guidnace he may do so.

Would you say that he was quick in Premier League terms?

KentBlue said:
I have faith in Mancio. If he thinks he's a player who can benefit the team then I'm happy to go along with him.

when will RM have seen johnson play??.................

MCC said:
Robben, Ribery or Joe Cole down the left would have been a better signing and operate on a different level to Johnson. I think Johnson is a decent enough signing but will hardly set the Premiership on fire. Good luck to him though!

different level yes - absent injured - all three

riley347 said:
KentBlue said:
I have faith in Mancio. If he thinks he's a player who can benefit the team then I'm happy to go along with him.

when will RM have seen johnson play??.................
When he was in the football wilderness he watched a lot of English games, and would almost certainly have been aware of the lad. But I would imagine it was Kidd who did the homework and told Mancio about him. I believe RM has the ultimate say on who comes and who goes, but obviously listens a great deal to his advisors - people like Brian Kidd, etc.

Shands said:
Really pleased with this move. I've always liked the look of Johnson, he reminds me of Peter Beagrie. I'm not sure he'll be a certain starter for the rest of the season but I'm sure he will make an exciting impact coming off the bench.

I have heard they call him Jinky Johnson at Boro so this description
could be about right. Just hope he gets the ball in the box the first time
he turns the Fullback and not the fifth!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.