Adam Johnson: Joining Manchester City is bad for your career

And the disgusting thing is our moron fans will put more effort into clapping him than cheering on our own players

Doesn't deserve a clap the horrible little ****

If he didn't keep going missing after 60minutes and did something maybe he would have got more starts.
He was only ever good at coming on 1-0 up against a tiring defence and getting a goal to make it 2-0.

Blue2112 said:
Best of luck to him, he wasn't consistent enough here after a promising start and he never really claimed his chance when he got it. We're on a different level to a few years ago and that's the reality.

On a seperate issue I just don't get all this respect to the fans when you return and not celebrate a goal. Fucking games gone soft. Anyone that gets upset by a former player celebrating a goal should take up another sport. No doubt he'll be celebrating another Sunderland player scoring a goal. Lets take the game back from all this self pretentious crap.

I agree. Let's get back to the days when players would bear their arse to the fans and manager when scoring against their former club. Saying that, it doesn't happen in top level football - never has: only happened when I scored with a beautiful woman after my ex had recently left me for someone who was 'going places' yet turned out to be a compulsive gambler.

A good player. Nothing more and never will be anything more.

Too lazy to adapt his game more to Mancini's formations. He is an out and out winger like McClean is so perfect for Sunderland.

We don't play with Wingers but considering the time he had here he could have adapted his game to be something more than someone with quick feet in the box to win a pen or run at a tired defence.

Pretty poor to come out with those comments considering what the club have done for him.

You can turn down interviews you know Adam.

I don't think Johnson realises that he didn't actually face any competition for his position, in terms of being a winger.

There were no other wingers at the club, yet he still couldn't manage to play more than a handful of games. His quotes completely ignore the fact that 90% of his playing time he was invisible. Too unfit, too slow, too lazy and too arrogant

You have got to be kidding me

"It’s not that you’re not good enough, it’s just that the likes of Yaya Toure are going to play ahead of you, no matter what you do.”

You weren't competing against Yaya, were you? Are you saying Yaya starts for some reason other than being world class?

What a dumbarse. At least use an honest criticism

“Martin O’Neill makes you know he wants you, and he makes you feel ten feet tall. If that’s how a player feels, that’s when you play your best football.”

and there's the problem and why you're gone

mancini isn't interested in players who need an arm round the shoulder to perform, it's a character flaw and under pressure these players disappear

he's built a squad of winners, who say 'fuck you, i'll show you" - fighters not quitters

Everyone at a top side has to sit out games,every top player knows that and accept there will be rotation and players rested,or changed for different opposition and tactics.

Johnson had plenty of opportunities and started a fair few games but failed to make a major impact.Even as a sub he rarely changed tight games,he occasionaly scored when we were coasting and we and he had plenty of time on the ball.

He was a good squadplayer,no more.He never made himself a nailed on first name on the team sheet every week with his displays when he had the opportunity.

So he moved,with no disrespect to Sunderland,to a team where he will get a regular start most weeks due to the lack of quality players ahead of him.Good luck Adam but don't bemoan the chance you missed because you just weren't quite good enough.

Goodbye and good riddance, Adam.

We don't need whingers like you at the Etihad, thank you very much.

Enjoy the rest of your career in the lower reaches of the Premier League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.