Adam Johnson: Joining Manchester City is bad for your career

Can't really see what all the fuss is all about he is just telling it like it is. Had he been a bit more mature and knuckled down he may have still been at the club.

think hes only played 4 or five games give him a chance and with a run of games will show how good he is.

danburge82 said:
Not playing week-in-week out is bad for your career. It made SWP half the player after joining Chelsea and only playing now and again.

Don't be daft enough to sign for a club too good for your level would be the most sensible advice to give young players.

You need to have a word with Scott Sinclair's agent

Georgian Maestro said:
danburge82 said:
Not playing week-in-week out is bad for your career. It made SWP half the player after joining Chelsea and only playing now and again.

Don't be daft enough to sign for a club too good for your level would be the most sensible advice to give young players.

I'm not certain about this signing myself, but I do think it shows refreshing confidence and ambition on his part that a lad is backing his own ability and saying 'I'm good enough to get in that team', rather than settling for mediocrity

A Sunderland fan tweeted while the match was in progress against Newcastle,''Has Johnsone actually touched the ball this half??''.......We remember it well,lol!

Some very harsh comments on here. There is no doubt that he lost his way last season, but I noticed a real difference in the pre season. I watched him closely during the malaysia game, and he was genuinely impressive, creative and in great positions, but also working hard, tracking back, tackling and this was in 30 degree heat. So thats what he can do when he knows he is in the shop window.

He wasnt able to produce consistently and so was relegated to the supersub position. Unfortunately he was not mentally strong enough to manage that; as others have said he needs to play every week. Thats no good to us, so he had to move on but he is still a great player, and I would love to see him do well. I can't understand why some feel so negative about him

The negativity is because he had a pop about not being given chances at City[when he was] and advising other young English players not to join as it could ruin their career,so possibly harming our chances of signing any top English talent,not that there is a massive amount about!

He was a decent squad player and he could have remained that but wanted to move on.Judging by his displays at Sunderland so far he will soon be in the same boat as he was here,on less money and chances of adding to his medals[No disrespect to any Sunderland fans.]

If you are good enough you are in the team,Johnson wasn't.

LongsightM13 said:
Georgian Maestro said:
danburge82 said:

I'm not certain about this signing myself, but I do think it shows refreshing confidence and ambition on his part that a lad is backing his own ability and saying 'I'm good enough to get in that team', rather than settling for mediocrity

The money and the location of his girlfriends family and work helps a bit as well!

Scott Sinclair like Jack Rodwell are here because of their nationality.

WNRH said:
LongsightM13 said:
Georgian Maestro said:

The money and the location of his girlfriends family and work helps a bit as well!

Scott Sinclair like Jack Rodwell are here because of their nationality.
Did Mancini or the club tell you that? You maybe don´t know but Mancini have been interested in Jack for 2 years, it has more to do with his talent/potential rather then him being English. As fair Sinclair goes I don´t know why Mancini signed him? Personally I think he´s a decent player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.