Adam Johnson

balkanno said:
McFcMiKe7 said:
he really needs to improve his crossing

I would start with passing...

Yes! I wish it was made clear to him that his primary objective was not to score goals himself, but rather set up others to bang them in.
He goes for the finish himself when there are others in a better position far too often.

Good player though. But he must become better.

What's up with him! He doesn't CROSS the fucking ball in the penalty area! That's his only weakness and it a fucking massive Fault!

Matt the Giant said:
balkanno said:
McFcMiKe7 said:
he really needs to improve his crossing

I would start with passing...

Yes! I wish it was made clear to him that his primary objective was not to score goals himself, but rather set up others to bang them in.
He goes for the finish himself when there are others in a better position far too often.

I've often thought this myself.

Not jus AJ im worried about. Watched most friendlies this year and the City players seem to have returned far worse than any other prem team. Looks like we are back at square 1 with poor passing, slow build ups, zero creativity without silva (which we r yet to find a replacement if he gets injured) and a lack of team industry.

Watched Arsenal the other day and for a team that is supposed to be in turmoil, they fielded 2 teams one in each half and they both looked strong. We looked short of quality and options versus LA. Can't help but feel a bit worried at making progress next year.

waspish said:
What's up with him! He doesn't CROSS the fucking ball in the penalty area! That's his only weakness and it a fucking massive Fault!
Hugely overrated player, poor passer and his crossing has always been poor, lucky if they stay on the pitch let alone meet a teammate.

Really isn't very good. Never really has been. On occasion he's exciting, normally against poor sides. I agree he should be used as an impact sub, but like most domestic talent he'll assume he should be number 10, take penalties and corners and be installed as captain. SWP seems to have taken to the challenge and is making a much stronger case for game time than Johnson.
I really hope that Johnson stays and works very hard, learns off the great players we have and he may have a chance but I fear he'll prefer to leave and be a regular in the middle of the Prem rather than fight to be a good player in a great side.

sweep said:
waspish said:
Hugely overrated player, poor passer and his crossing has always been poor, lucky if they stay on the pitch let alone meet a teammate.

"His crossing has always been poor"

That's an understatement because he doesn't CROSS the fucking ball!

It does me head in!

CROSS the fucking ball AJ

Ian McGarry saying on Twatter that Chelsea have been making inquiries for the past 6 weeks and AJ would be keen on the move but City have rebuffed approaches

Matt the Giant said:
Yes! I wish it was made clear to him that his primary objective was not to score goals himself, but rather set up others to bang them in. He goes for the finish himself when there are others in a better position far too often.

This. There was a typical AJ moment just before LA scored, when he was in a good position on the left with options on a couple of City attackers but tried a shot that was woefully off target. Either that or it was a cross that was off target and hit too hard. He really has to start learning quickly as he's not a kid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.