Adam Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
This Sunderland move looks like it's happening unless Spurs hijack it late. Loads of different reports claiming exclusive on it so sounds like there has been an info leak. Sunderland apparently faxed the bid last night. BTW The Sun says:

The £10m initial fee also includes various add-ons, which could ultimately take it as high as £15m.

Sounds more realistic?

Yep that is reasonable. At 25 he has to be an established first teamer unless he has zero ambition in my view.

Yes it sounds. Selling AJ for 10m rising to 15m (and it's not even to a rival). Then signing Sinclair for around 5m. Then sign Agger and De Rossi. Perfect window. :)

LoveCity said:
This Sunderland move looks like it's happening unless Spurs hijack it late. Loads of different reports claiming exclusive on it so sounds like there has been an info leak. Sunderland apparently faxed the bid last night. BTW The Sun says:

The £10m initial fee also includes various add-ons, which could ultimately take it as high as £15m.

Sounds more realistic?
Still a load of bollox from our side though. Bacon chops says "there is no value in the transfer market" well there is if you are interested in a city player considering we let our players go for next to nothing.

Johnson clearly would like to leave, Mancini isn't going to be in a rush to play him and we are looking to get rid of a few players.

Clubs know this, so £10-15 million for Johnson seems good to me.

city91 said:
LoveCity said:

Sounds more realistic?
Still a load of bollox from our side though. Bacon chops says "there is no value in the transfer market" well there is if you are interested in a city player considering we let our players go for next to nothing.

Why would he be worth more than 15 mil?He's been awful.I'd be well happy with 15 mil.

Honest question time;he came in post takeover.Was he really better than Petrov,Sturrudge or even Bellamy...me thinks not.
All the best Adam but he had a chance to shine and didnt take it.

city91 said:
LoveCity said:

Sounds more realistic?
indeed, its pathetic really.

Thaksinssoldier said:
city91 said:
LoveCity said:

Sounds more realistic?

Why would he be worth more than 15 mil?He's been awful.I'd be well happy with 15 mil.

Honest question time;he came in post takeover.Was he really better than Petrov,Sturrudge or even Bellamy...me thinks not.
All the best Adam but he had a chance to shine and didnt take it.
Its not just AJ though is it, it seems to be any player we want to sell I.E Bellamy going on a free, the Caicedo fiasco, Adebayor, RSC and we couldn't even get a suitable offer for Tevez when we wanted rid and he is one of the best in the world.

And in regards to AJ thats the same fee we paid for Rodwell and IMO AJ is a lot more established than Rodwell. Also look at other England wingers who have transferred recently Downing 20 mil, Young 18 mil, FFS im sure even Bentley went for around 14 million. All I'm saying is we should be looking at 15 million minimum up front for AJ with add ons on top of that rather than 15 mil a maximum possible fee.

I am also not a massive fan of AJ, I think the lad has potential but has had more than enough time to prove himself and sadly he hasn't so IMO its best he tried his luck elsewhere but in all honestly when you consider AJ is a 25 year old England international we should be playing hardball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.