Adam Johnson

shockin-hocking said:
Don't know if this has been covered in any of the other threads so I apologise if it has, but I can't help but think that if we'd have kept Adam Johnson this season may have turned out differently.

Before I explain, I just want to say that 2nd and a cup final is a great season for me and I'm more than happy for Bobby to keep his job.

But Johnson came of the bench to good effect last season, he was our plan b really to give us a bit of width and stretch the game. I only really noticed when I watched the season review recently how many goals and assists he provided us in the latter stages of games. I know he wasn't the greatest player in the squad last year but he did give us another dimension.

We haven't really replaced him either. Scott sinclair hasn't been given much of a chance, I know, but when he has played he looks like he's got no confidence and therefore is ineffective.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed how much we miss johnson's impact off the bench?

Yes , i have ....

Adam Johnson proved on a few occasions to be an 'impact' player for us , and i really don't see Scott Sinclair as being any real improvement on him , in fact i don't even think he's as good ...

great goal for Johnson at Newcastle by the way!

He did offer something off the bench but I think in the end Mancini got sick of his antics off the pitch that were rumoured on here.

Mancini criticizes those who need to do more and he usually gets a response and lets be honest Mancini has arguably improved a good number of the players in our squad including Johnson but when Mancini called for that extra bit he never seemed to want it. Far too interested in being a footballer than playing football someone said when this same topic came up.

Look at him when he went to Sunderland, he was completely shot of fitness and seemingly lost his magic. Under Di Canio he may well get more out of him but I am not holding my breath.

If he was good enough then I think other clubs (bigger than Sunderland) would have been in for him in the summer when we were getting rid

lionheart said:
Like some posters have recently stated, Adam Johnson has been abysmal all season. He performed well at the weekend, but otherwise has been rubbish. Indeed his poor performances undoubtedly contributed to O'Neill's sacking as he was his prize purchase. I think Sinclair is potentially a better player.

No chance. Yes johnno has been crap this season but he was capable of playing a part for a top team as he proved last season, unlike sinclair

liamc said:
If he was good enough then I think other clubs (bigger than Sunderland) would have been in for him in the summer when we were getting rid

it will have been his lifestyle rather than his ability that put clubs off.

de niro said:
liamc said:

it will have been his lifestyle rather than his ability that put clubs off.

Or his wages!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.