Adam Johnson's Borrowed Time

blueprint said:
mancmackem said:
Marvin said:
Very very harsh view of a usually very effective winger.

Maybe he's just out of form, but the Johnson of now looks a shadow of the Johnson that played on his debut.

I remember him mixing it up and looking dangerous on the outside, winning a couple of penalties for us this way (e.g. Bolton at home).

At the moment, he looks slow and demotivated. Players like him and Dzeko should be chomping at the bit to stay in the side when they get their chance. The times that these two players have started recently, they have done nowhere near enough to earn a regular starting spot.

Opponents are sussed up on him! If he doesn't develop his right foot he is going to end up being a one trick pony.

AJ needs to get a personal coach and spend more time practicing (establishing a repertoire of kicks with both legs) rather than resting ion his laurels if he needs to justify a PL place or else he will end up in a Championship side.

He's already been referred to as a 'one trick donkey'. He's just not good enough. He would get a game in most Premiership teams but he's not good enough for City. He thinks he's a top player but I can't believe that he will start another season with us.

AJ is the one player who has really flattered to deceive for me this season.When asked to start he hasn't performed to the level required. This isn't a rant at AJ just an opinion that we can get better. Not seen much of Hazard but from all the reports I have read he is very much in demand,I really like Hoilett at rovers as well.

If we don't win it this year a little bit of fine tuning is all that is required for me.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
AJ is the one player who has really flattered to deceive for me this season.When asked to start he hasn't performed to the level required. This isn't a rant at AJ just an opinion that we can get better. Not seen much of Hazard but from all the reports I have read he is very much in demand,I really like Hoilett at rovers as well.

If we don't win it this year a little bit of fine tuning is all that is required for me.

We will win it this year, and we will still need fine tuning for next year...

Believe!

Lavinda Past said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

We will win it this year, and we will still need fine tuning for next year...

Believe!

Oh dont worry mate I still 100% believe and do feel that we will win it.Only thing that will cost us is our away form which is so poor at present but just hope we can turn it around.
We need to dispatch Sunderland by at least 3 goals on Saturday.

AJ is one of my favorites but he has had a bad spell as of late, but then again everyone was still slating him when he was scoring every time he came on so....

King Of All Geordies said:
I don't think he'll be going anywhere anytime soon, he signed a new contract a few months a go i seem to remember reading..

I suspect that was to protect market value as much as anything else. Indeed, you may find that his latest contract has an escape clause, so he can speak to anyone who offers more than a certain amount. He's not a particularly happy bunny being second-string at City, that's for sure!<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:36 pm --<br /><br />
VinceYoungisaBLUE said:
AJ is one of my favorites but he has had a bad spell as of late, but then again everyone was still slating him when he was scoring every time he came on so....

Scores the odd good goal but looks like doing nothing after it. A good player but he'll never be a great player. Doesn't seem to have learned much from being at City - he's no better now than he was when he arrived - despite Bobby's efforts!

Johnson is not a winger in my opinion. His crossing is average and, whilst not slow, he is not blessed with a great turn of pace. He is not disciplined enough defensively leaving us exposed down the flanks (the one thing that most PL teams have is pace down the wings, meaning our wingers have to be able to track back well all game like Valencia does for united). What he does have is a good eye for a pass along the floor, good dribbling and shooting ability. His best position in my opinion would be through the middle just behind either a one or two up front (similar to where silva plays). What he requires is to improve his physique and be willing to work harder defensively. It would be sad to see him leave as he does the ability to be a top player as he has shown in some of his performances at home this season.

Johnson should be switched from the wing to down the middle. He has a good footballing brain and he can finish with either foot.

However, Im sure we know the end game- he leaves us plays, every week at a decent mid table team and looks like a worldbeater again.

peterctid said:
Johnson should be switched from the wing to down the middle. He has a good footballing brain and he can finish with either foot.

However, Im sure we know the end game- he leaves us plays, every week at a decent mid table team and looks like a worldbeater again.

1 - No he shouldn't
2 - No he's not
3 - Yes he can

End game? He will not be forgotten, but he won't be missed. He'll never have a better chance to be a star than he's had at City.

Remember how good we thought David Wagstaffe was? I don't remember him getting any medals after he left City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.