Adam Johnson's Borrowed Time

grim up north said:
FantasyIreland said:
grim up north said:
football aint played like that anymore. We would get destroyed in midfield

442 hasn't done the Rags much harm this season......

You want a central midfield of Yaya and silva, lot of tackling and closing down there, neither could tackle a paper bag. fantastic creative player they are.

do the rags really play 442
Against certain opposition it would work a treat,Silva puts a great shift in and Yaya is more than capable of putting his foot in.

What would you describe a line up of Valencia,Sscholes,Carrick and Nani/Young with a forward line of Rooney and Wellbeck?

grim up north said:
FantasyIreland said:
grim up north said:
football aint played like that anymore. We would get destroyed in midfield

You want a central midfield of Yaya and silva, lot of tackling and closing down there, neither could tackle a paper bag. fantastic creative player they are.

Yes they do

FantasyIreland said:
grim up north said:
FantasyIreland said:

Against certain opposition it would work a treat,Silva puts a great shift in and Yaya is more than capable of putting his foot in.

What would you describe a line up of Valencia,Sscholes,Carrick and Nani/Young with a forward line of Rooney and Wellbeck?

Which opposition?

I think they are far more fluid than an old school 442. I also believe that we are much better playing our system. The better teams are constantly altering their line ups during a game. That is what Mancini is trying to achieve.

Yaya can put is foot in but I think he is not a tackler and would be an accident waiting to happen. Silva cannot tackle full stop (not his job). Their effort and work rate is not in question.

still prefer the holding midfielder with attacking full backs.

grim up north said:
Which opposition?

The majority we play at home as parking the bus is a popular tactic,our goal difference would be even more impressive.

Saying that,i'd love a formation such as.....

-------------DJ------------
Valencia-Yaya--Silva-Lavezzi
-----------Aguero-----------

blueprint said:
DanCity2890 said:
I've stuck up for him a few times.
But recently, he has really frustrated me.
I remember when we signed him, he looked like a world beater. Everytime he got the ball he looked like doing something magic with it.
But i think every full back has sussed him and how he plays.
I'm not slagging him off. But I don't think he is good enough for where we want to be and what we want to achieve.
We definitely need two out and out wide players with pace.
Playing nasri, silva and milner as wingers proves that. Stevie wonder could tell you that they are central midfield players and wasted on the wings.
Our only out and out winger is johnson, who's far too one footed for my liking, has zero pace for beating fullbacks, and has a pathetic attitude.
That's just my opinion anyway.

You can't beat the whole defense when they are double or triple teaming on you all the time.
AJ believes in his own hype that he can and that his magic will follow.
Common sense dictate that its at times like these that he should mix it up i.e cross or pass it off.
Only problem is he is left footed. He got to develop his right foot to equip himself with a 'repertoire of kicks' not just tricks. Until then he is just a one trick pony.

BTW Drogba was like that until one of the Chelsea coaches helped him to develop his left foot to become a deadly 2 footed striker.
David Ginola didn't use his left foot for three months in training just so he could develop his right foot. By the time he was in his prime he was better with his right than his left. (he said that on Goals on Sunday a year or two ago.)

FantasyIreland said:
grim up north said:
Which opposition?

The majority we play at home as parking the bus is a popular tactic,our goal difference would be even more impressive.

Saying that,i'd love a formation such as.....

-------------DJ------------
Valencia-Yaya--Silva-Lavezzi
-----------Aguero-----------
Love that formation but I cant see mancini ever playing like that.

FantasyIreland said:
grim up north said:
FantasyIreland said:

Yaya doesn't tackle. He's made two or three tackles tops this season.

danburge82 said:
FantasyIreland said:
grim up north said:

Yaya doesn't tackle. He's made two or three tackles tops this season.
Gareth Barry is the only none defender that has averaged more tackles per game than Yaya Toure. So this idea that Yaya doesn't tackle is quite silly.

What really annoyed me was when we won the penalty against Fulham by taking a dive. Don't get me wrong, if Balo did it to get a pen against the rags I'd be well happy but c'mon it sets a bad example (and we're not the rags).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.